Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
its a lot snappier now

I don't know if it was meant as a sarcasm, but OS X and iOS devices perform better after software update because it typically requires a reboot, which in turn clears out virtual memory (page out). Virtual memory is disk based, and even flash memory is several hundred times slower than RAM. Rebooting is the only way to clear them out.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I am one who has had serious WiFi issues with my iPhone 5. I can't stream music, can't keep internet (reception is perfect). Really looking forward to this update. Updating now.

siksik6

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
The update is only for iPhone 5 and iPad Mini. That might be the issue (it is not clear to me if "5 devices" means "5 phones and tablets" or "iPhone 5 devices").

Doh. Should have read it properly. That's annoying as it's my iPad 4 that has wifi issues!

DiamondGCoupe

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2007
About time, I was about to format my phone and reinstall everything to see if that fixed the problem. So weird watching my iPad get mail and my iPhone take hours to pull the mail with the same exact settings.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Carrier

Can anyone tell me post update with the carrier file # is. 6.1 b4 has 13.2 for aAT&T

PROBOUND

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
Yup Same here~!

My iPhone updated fine but my iPad is also stuck on 6.0.1 - Annoying because the iPad is the one with the Wi-Fi problem!

Same issue with me. My iPad 4 has had the same wifi issues as my iPhone 5 but they seem to have left it out!? How is this possible? Im assuming they are still working on the 6.0.2 update for the fullsized iPad's?

ActionJax

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2008
Does it fix the problem of a wacked-out touch screen while it's charging?

What brand of charger are you using? I ask because uncertified and/or poorly designed power supplies can interfere with an iPhone's touch screen. (Sorry this is OT).

May 24, 2011
Just updated, and my WiFi bug remains. Still can't see any WiFi networks, and I've tried multiple routers. This is getting on my nerves.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Just updated, and my WiFi bug remains. Still can't see any WiFi networks, and I've tried multiple routers. This is getting on my nerves.

I had the WiFi bug where I couldn't get any internet even though I connected to WiFi. The links on the article to the Apple support forums link to the same problem. I know that before the update, I couldn't get any internet on WiFi even with max reception.

Installed update - I've had internet on WiFi for the last 10 mins after having no internet on WiFi here for 2.5 weeks.

OmniDragon

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
Got the error message when trying to update over the air. Updating via iTunes worked just fine the first time, with no issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.