Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:00 PM   #1
lukabrasi187
macrumors newbie

Sd Card Recovery

hi, i have a couple of sd card which i would like to delete all files from but i would like to delete them permanently.. i know theres programs out there in which you can recover the files but thats what i dont want to someone to recover i want a complete wipe forever any info on an app is appreciated
lukabrasi187 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:41 PM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

I'm pretty sure you can use Disk Utility to securely erase an SD card. If you have a Mac with a built-in reader or one you are using an external card reader with, select it in the listing on the left, then go to the Erase tab on the right. Then choose Security Options and either drag the slider bar or choose the 1/7/32 pass zero out and then Erase.
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store