Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
May 24, 2011
I had the WiFi bug where I couldn't get any internet even though I connected to WiFi. The links on the article to the Apple support forums link to the same problem. I know that before the update, I couldn't get any internet on WiFi even with max reception.

Installed update - I've had internet on WiFi for the last 10 mins after having no internet on WiFi here for 2.5 weeks.

I can only get a connection to the wireless signal once every so often. It'll just randomly appear, then disappear. Yet the connection is stable on every other devices. Apple claims the phone is fine.

I had to wait 20 minutes for the network to appear just to update.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
The update worked fine for me. I didn't have any trouble with WiFi reception. But I was hoping this update would fix my crappy AT&T reception. Sadly, no chance of that. :rolleyes:

johnmacward

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
So it seems as though everything bar the iPhone 5 and iPad mini will skip this update. So us iPad 3, iPhone 4 users will jump straight to 6.0.3?

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
Apple servers are slow...26 hours to download for my iPad mini here in Germany...

And 4 hours OTA update...

Last edited:

mrbyu

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2011
Interestingly enough, I've never had any kind of Wi-FI problem on iPhone 5. But if you guys say so, I'll believe.

fanfong

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Finally. Maybe I can leave my wifi enabled by default now.

It was only working half the time before.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I'm having tons of problems with my iPad not seeing my wifi connection for updates, but it sees the wifi for use with Safari with no problems. Really disappointed that this is not being addressed.

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Is this different than the wi-fi bug I'm having where wi-fi is grayed out no matter what you do and it can't be turned on? And has anyone verified that they had an issue that this fixed?

Just curious, because I'm still being told that my 6.0.1 is still up-to-date.

stevaroo01

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Pensacola, FL USA
I'm seeing people talking about several different types of WiFi problems in this thread. I personally have not had any issues of any kind with my iPhone 5 (I've had it for exactly 2 weeks.) So, with people talking about many different kinds of problems, can anyone tell me which WiFi problem(s) this update is intended to resolve?

I also haven't heard of anyone mentioning a WiFi problem with there iPad Mini (on this thread at least). I just bought one for my wife for Christmas, so I guess it'll have an update waiting for it when it's activated on Christmas day. Anyone know what kind of issues it's supposed to be having?

Even though I know Apple has their problems, I've never actually been on the receiving end of any of the horrible problems people have talked about with iOS in the last year or so (WiFi problems, bad battery life, glitchiness, etc.). I'll tell you this, it's worlds better than the several Android phones I had before switching!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.