Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:44 AM   #1
semix2
macrumors newbie

yaPlayer is now FREE FOR VERY LIMITED TIME

Hello,
I'm developer of yaPlayer.

yaPlayer is a video player app for iPhone/iPad with gorgeous control interface (it's like jog dial). It can play most of all video formats like MP4, M4V, MOV, AVI, MKV, WMV, FLV, WEBM, VOB, TS, TP... and supports subtitle, chapters.

Only one limitation is Dolby audio. (sorry, license cost is too much expensive for personal developer)

yaPlayer 4.0 is now available. This version supports WebDAV and fixes bugs.

It's free for a limited time.

AppStore Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yaplayer/id503098609?l=ko&ls=1&mt=8
semix2 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:59 PM   #2
Menneisyys2
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by semix2 View Post
Hello,
I'm developer of yaPlayer.

yaPlayer is a video player app for iPhone/iPad with gorgeous control interface (it's like jog dial). It can play most of all video formats like MP4, M4V, MOV, AVI, MKV, WMV, FLV, WEBM, VOB, TS, TP... and supports subtitle, chapters.

Only one limitation is Dolby audio. (sorry, license cost is too much expensive for personal developer)

yaPlayer 4.0 is now available. This version supports WebDAV and fixes bugs.

It's free for a limited time.

AppStore Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yaplayer/id503098609?l=ko&ls=1&mt=8
Guys, this app is a must - has a LOT of advantages. Go get it!
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:39 PM   #3
TJ61
macrumors 6502a

Got it -- thanks!

Regards,
Tom
TJ61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:04 PM   #4
Yujenisis
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Yujenisis
Thanks for sharing! It looks great!
Yujenisis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:32 PM   #5
robu2
macrumors newbie

Thank You
robu2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:52 PM   #6
Menneisyys2
macrumors 603

My quick news item on the price drop

yaPlayer (AppStore link), an absolutely stunning excellent video player when it comes to H.264 and MPEG-2 playback, has just become free along with some new features and bugfixes. Now, there is no point in NOT downloading it after all, what can you lose? It won't cost you anything.

(the update list yaPlayer's annotated by a red rectangle. As always, click for enlargened version)

The h.264 decoder of the player is so good that it doesn't really stutter while playing back the standardized Monsters on today's top hardware (the iPhone 5 and the iPad 4). Not so with older models (and the considerably slower iPad Mini / iPod touch 5), of course.

(the main playback screen of the player running on an iPhone 5 showing 1, it displays the embedded subtitle track 2, doesn't use low resolution 3, makes use of the entire screen estate of new, 16:9 models)

As usual,

- you won't want to use third-party video players like yaPlayer (or anything else) if all you watch is non-music videos purchased from the iTunes Store. (These videos, even the free ones, are all copy protected and can't even be played back in any third-party video player. Given that third-party video players add a lot of functionality the built-in stock Videos player lacks, this is very annoying if you ask me. Nevertheless, this is iOS and has a lot of similar, pretty silly restrictions. No wonder a lot of power users are leaving the platform for more open ones like Android or, now, Windows Phone 8 / RT and its far better support for unrestricted(!) media playback thru third-party apps.)

- it's H.264 and MPEG-2 videos that you will want to play with this player and not, say, WMV or MSMPEG-4 ones. The player doesn't really excel at playing back these video formats you'll need another player to properly play those back.
Menneisyys2 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:56 PM   #7
nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

Petty solid.

Saw it on appshopper.com but didn't download. Glad you brought it back to my attention. I'll check it out later.
nuckinfutz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:09 PM   #8
BenXiaoHai
macrumors member

Awesome app. If there is the ability to add folders it would be great!
But as it is currently, it trumps all other free video players for me
BenXiaoHai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:27 AM   #9
midwestfisherma
macrumors 6502

Wish I had seen this earlier.
midwestfisherma is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps