Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:05 PM   #376
AppleScruff1
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyMacGodess View Post
I don't care if Walmart gives the iPhone away with a free lap dance or a date with Jennifer Aniston, I will NEVER shop at that store, or any store they own or control. Ever...

Walmart is evil, no, make that EEEVIL. Their 'family' supports some of the most heinous politicians that walk, crawl, or ooze across this planet. Now to find out that the Walton family is into gun running too, I am doubly sure that the company has no heart or soul at all, and I refuse to give them any of my money. The Walton 'Family' acts more like the Manson family...

----------

You are surprised? I mean really surprised? They treat their employees like poop. They treat the customers like poop. You expect the over worked and under paid staff to treat you any differently?

Avoid Walmart. They have gotten extremely low marks in nearly every customer satisfaction survey ever... Crap, go shop in some off the strip hell hole in New York City and you will likely get better service...

Walmart stands for the China-tization of American workers... If you really want to put all of American workers necks in a vise, go for it, but don't complain that you are treated like KAKA and get crappy made in China crap that breaks and all of the local competition are run into the ground.

Walmart is a disease...
As opposed to Apple paying their store help generous salaries and only using ethical suppliers who pay their workers great wages and treat them like royalty?
AppleScruff1 is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:08 PM   #377
maxosx
macrumors 68020

It's apparent there are a lot of Walmart haters here.

I'm not sure why, if you don't like the store, just don't go there. It's not like it's a secret regarding what a Walmart store is like.

I'm not fond of Walmart, but several people I know have gone there just to take advantage of this savings on iPhone 5.

Each person I've talked to said it was as easy and fast as going into an Apple Store.

That's a pretty good testimony if you ask me.
maxosx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:28 PM   #378
PinkyMacGodess
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
It's apparent there are a lot of Walmart haters here.

I'm not sure why, if you don't like the store, just don't go there. It's not like it's a secret regarding what a Walmart store is like.

I'm not fond of Walmart, but several people I know have gone there just to take advantage of this savings on iPhone 5.

Each person I've talked to said it was as easy and fast as going into an Apple Store.

That's a pretty good testimony if you ask me.
Even if...

There are things that I know are at Walmart, ad I refuse to go there. They really are that bad. Their the largest contributor to many evil politicians and many equally evil political organizations.

It would be like buying something from Satan. I just couldn't do it. PLUS a friend of mine who DOES shop at Walmart told me that several items they purchased recently were actually at a lower price at the local Meijer's store. Like over half the stuff they bought was lower priced at this other store. They were surprised at finding that out. Heck, anyone that has gone through a retailing class will realize that a dirty store makes people *think* they are getting a great deal. Heck, I worked at a local supermarket during high school and I most of the people that worked their couldn't afford to buy their groceries there because the markup was so high...

It's all psychology... Mind games... And it works very well... How else are they able to have so damn much money to spread around... Poor people that shop their are buying their way out of their own lives... Ironic?

"It's not like it's a secret regarding what a Walmart store is like. "

It's what Walmart stands for that makes me choose not to cross their threshold. Go to OpenSecrets.org and search on 'Walton', and see who your Walmart purchases are helping to support...
PinkyMacGodess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:43 PM   #379
PracticalMac
macrumors 68020

Quote:

Walmart is a disease...
No argument there, but considering their unprecedented success and massive influence over many aspects, it makes one wonder about the bigger picture, as in what made them so successful?

Keep up the good fight!
PracticalMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:59 PM   #380
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Even if...

There are things that I know are at Walmart, ad I refuse to go there. They really are that bad. Their the largest contributor to many evil politicians and many equally evil political organizations.

It would be like buying something from Satan. I just couldn't do it. PLUS a friend of mine who DOES shop at Walmart told me that several items they purchased recently were actually at a lower price at the local Meijer's store. Like over half the stuff they bought was lower priced at this other store. They were surprised at finding that out. Heck, anyone that has gone through a retailing class will realize that a dirty store makes people *think* they are getting a great deal. Heck, I worked at a local supermarket during high school and I most of the people that worked their couldn't afford to buy their groceries there because the markup was so high...

It's all psychology... Mind games... And it works very well... How else are they able to have so damn much money to spread around... Poor people that shop their are buying their way out of their own lives... Ironic?

"It's not like it's a secret regarding what a Walmart store is like. "

It's what Walmart stands for that makes me choose not to cross their threshold. Go to OpenSecrets.org and search on 'Walton', and see who your Walmart purchases are helping to support...
I share many of your same feelings, opinions and knowledge about Walmart.

At no time did I endorse the business.

I simply relayed an experience that some Apple enthusiasts I know had when deciding to take advantage of the pricing.

When I said that I am not fond of Walmart, that was simply a nice way of saying I don't care for the place. I've only been in one once, when they were relatively new to my area out of curiosity, after having read about the disgusting business practices of the company.

Having said that... I simply don't see the point of the Walmart haters here. Why get all emotional over a company like that. It's nothing new and they will be operating that way as long as they want to.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:29 PM   #381
Soura2112
macrumors 6502

Why?

Not sure how this turned into basically a political discussion, but this fairly simple, don't shop there. If Wal Mart had the iPhone I wanted for that price I'm buying it, or any store for that matter. Should we not go there because of these ridiculous accusations? Because they sell products at a good price, open late (some 24hrs), and hire tons of employes? Or should we not go there because god forbid they make a profit, pay normal wages and stray from unions? I'm not a huge Wal Mart shopper due to their location. They have great prices though, so when near one I get the few things I need. Certain clothes, blu rays, other odd stuff. If your going to attack them go after Apple too (even though they sound so sweet and innocent), all products are made overseas, paying workers way less (which is typical wages in China, so I'm not knocking the overseas pay). I bet in under 5 years Apple will leave CA, I would if I were them, except their tax breaks must be amazing to still be here (yes I live in CA). This topic is ridiculous why I had to chime in on the hypocrisy. Wal Mart and Apple are both using the capitalism system correctly. If you don't like these methods then do as you say and don't shop at Wal Mart, though many are stuck since Apple is no different, and I love Apple. You may want to look into the stores you do shop at, google them too with the same ideals. IMO Sam Walton was a genius who saw a great opportunity, and now they are a huge employer. No one is forcing people to work there either, and in this economy people should be happy for places like Wal Mart. If you like the price buy the phone, if you hate Wal Mart pay retail, it's that simple.
Soura2112 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:12 PM   #382
xofruitcake
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I don't care if Walmart gives the iPhone away with a free lap dance or a date with Jennifer Aniston, I will NEVER shop at that store, or any store they own or control. Ever...

Walmart is evil, no, make that EEEVIL. Their 'family' supports some of the most heinous politicians that walk, crawl, or ooze across this planet. Now to find out that the Walton family is into gun running too, I am doubly sure that the company has no heart or soul at all, and I refuse to give them any of my money. The Walton 'Family' acts more like the Manson family...[COLOR="#808080"]

----------
crappy made in China crap that breaks and all of the local competition are run into the ground.

Walmart is a disease...
May be you need a theraphist? 8-) there are a big group of families who live on the margin depending on the low price that Walmart provide for their daily living.. Sure Walmart destroy a lot of small business because they are more efficient but the efficiency also got pass to the poor families who would have gone hungry otherwise.

http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/_news/...ous-spike?lite

Quote:
At the stroke of midnight, a growing number of Americans are lining up at Walmart not to cash in on a holiday sale, but because they’re hungry.

The increasing number of Americans relying on food stamps to survive the sluggish economic recovery has changed the way the largest retailer in the United States does business.

Carol Johnston, Walmart’s senior vice president of store development, said that store managers have seen an “enormous spike” in the number of consumers shopping at midnight on the first of the month. That’s typically when those receiving federal food assistance have their accounts refilled each month
xofruitcake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:42 PM   #383
albusseverus
macrumors 6502a

It's been suggested that the drop in prices is a sign that Apple's in trouble and they aren't selling as many as they thought.

Now that we're on 6 monthly (incremental) upgrades, like every other electronics manufacturer, price drops could be thought of as clearing stock for the 5S and the iPad 5.

We know the 5S is ready to go, and the flagship iPad just begs to be gifted the new 'feels like it's empty' technology of iPhone5/iPadMini fame.

Sure don't want any iPad 3 stock lying around. It's a good iPad and while the 4 just isn't a compelling upgrade, it's a great new buy.

So it's iPhone 5S in March and iPad 5 in June? Right? Tim?
albusseverus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:50 PM   #384
Diseal3
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFlight View Post
That's an incredible deal! Anyone looking to upgrade, or get a new line should jump all over this.

Nice savings, WalMart!

Wow. This is just incredible.

Thanks for contributing to Apple users smug reputation. It really isn't something to be proud of....
My grief is the fact most Walmart employees don't know the first thing about the products they sell rather than having "smug" Apple attitude.
Diseal3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:04 PM   #385
hipnetic
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Wow. Jennifer Aniston? She's very attractive for a 60-year-old, but really...that's the best you can come up with.

Quote:
Walmart is evil, no, make that EEEVIL. Their 'family' supports some of the most heinous politicians that walk, crawl, or ooze across this planet.
You've just described *every* politician (save Ron Paul).

Getting back on-topic...Shopping at Walmart is a miserable experience. Communicating with any of the people who work in the electronics section is usually a miserable experience. But I don't find most of the Best Buy reps I've dealt with to be much better. When I need to buy something local (I prefer to just buy from Amazon), I find Walmart's prices to be better than Best Buy's, so I'll usually stop there first. I expect Best Buy to be out of business by next year, so you may need to get used to shopping at Walmart.
hipnetic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:43 PM   #386
Dyce
macrumors member

Anyone know how long this sale will be?
Dyce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:17 PM   #387
PinkyMacGodess
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracticalMac View Post
No argument there, but considering their unprecedented success and massive influence over many aspects, it makes one wonder about the bigger picture, as in what made them so successful?

Keep up the good fight!
They feed off the gullible... PT Barnum said a sucker was born every minute...

I remember reading a story about a fish that was being eaten by a shark, and how it was distracted by eating its own entrails that were drifting up from the carnage. THAT is the WalMart customer... Such 'low prices' (which really aren't that 'low' if people bothered to compare them) feel the low price labor movement (right to work for less) and eat their patcheckes before they get them, not to mention the public support of the average WalMart employee is excessive... (Food stamps, welfare, WIC, etc...) And the number of communities that have given WalMart sales tax agreements and have even bought the land and paid for the buildings (!) in many cases...

WalMart IS a disease...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
I share many of your same feelings, opinions and knowledge about Walmart.

At no time did I endorse the business.

I simply relayed an experience that some Apple enthusiasts I know had when deciding to take advantage of the pricing.

When I said that I am not fond of Walmart, that was simply a nice way of saying I don't care for the place. I've only been in one once, when they were relatively new to my area out of curiosity, after having read about the disgusting business practices of the company.

Having said that... I simply don't see the point of the Walmart haters here. Why get all emotional over a company like that. It's nothing new and they will be operating that way as long as they want to.
No worries, I didn't aim it at you... Wasn't my intention to offend...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xofruitcake View Post
At the stroke of midnight, a growing number of Americans are lining up at Walmart not to cash in on a holiday sale, but because they’re hungry.

The increasing number of Americans relying on food stamps to survive the sluggish economic recovery has changed the way the largest retailer in the United States does business.

Carol Johnston, Walmart’s senior vice president of store development, said that store managers have seen an “enormous spike” in the number of consumers shopping at midnight on the first of the month. That’s typically when those receiving federal food assistance have their accounts refilled each month
And how many are WalMart employees???

WalMart is a disease...
PinkyMacGodess is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:35 AM   #388
MagnusVonMagnum
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Such 'low prices' (which really aren't that 'low' if people bothered to compare them) feel the low price labor movement (right to work for less) and eat their patcheckes before they get them, not to mention the public support of the average WalMart employee is excessive... (Food stamps, welfare, WIC, etc...) And the number of communities that have given WalMart sales tax agreements and have even bought the land and paid for the buildings (!) in many cases...

WalMart IS a disease...
I've never thought WalMart's prices were terribly low, especially on food items. Soda, for example, (other than their own rip-off brands) is almost never on sale, even when it is on sale everywhere else. But what bothers me most about WalMart is how the Walton family are all worth between 2-20 BILLION dollars each and yet they say they can't afford to pay employees a living wage, etc. I read they could give a $2 an hour raise by simply raising the average cost of a visit for a typical person by a mere 32 cents (that means the entire check-out bill). And yet the Waltons pocket BILLIONS. Screw WalMart. I'm glad they failed miserably in Germany. They should fail everywhere.

Sadly, ignorant (or uncaring) US customers just don't get it. They cite how many employees WalMart has, but fail to mention the people COULD have had better paying jobs if WalMart wasn't in their community (i.e. they put all the smaller stores and small business owners out of business). WalMart regularly engages in cutthroat tactics of purposely taking short-term losses to undercut local competition until they're out of business (I think Sheetz does that too evidence by the fact that now that their neighboring gas stations are gone when they were offering 20-30 cents less than them daily, they jacked up gas prices by up to 50 cents more than gas station a few miles away and 70+ cents over their "old" prices). Short-term "deals" lead to long term woes. "Fair" and "moral" are not words in corporate vocabularies. But I blame the consumers (that shop there) at least as much as the companies themselves.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:26 AM   #389
xofruitcake
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusVonMagnum View Post
I've never thought WalMart's prices were terribly low, especially on food items. Soda, for example, (other than their own rip-off brands) is almost never on sale, even when it is on sale everywhere else. But what bothers me most about WalMart is how the Walton family are all worth between 2-20 BILLION dollars each and yet they say they can't afford to pay employees a living wage, etc. I read they could give a $2 an hour raise by simply raising the average cost of a visit for a typical person by a mere 32 cents (that means the entire check-out bill). And yet the Waltons pocket BILLIONS. Screw WalMart. I'm glad they failed miserably in Germany. They should fail everywhere.

Sadly, ignorant (or uncaring) US customers just don't get it.
heh heh, I think you would like to stay in Cuba kind of socialist economy 8-) This is one article that I always remember. People who posted here tends to be more affluence so raising price 38 cents is not big deal in your mind. But check this article out. When you raise average price 38 cents per item, you are going to drive a lot of poor people going hungry at the end of the month. Notice at the end of the article, the guy can even afford to buy a $10 book for his son. Merry Christmas to you too... 8-)

http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/_news/...ous-spike?lite

Quote:

Carol Johnston, Walmart’s senior vice president of store development, said that store managers have seen an “enormous spike” in the number of consumers shopping at midnight on the first of the month. That’s typically when those receiving federal food assistance have their accounts refilled each month.“We’ll bring in more staff to stock. We’ll also make sure all of our registers…are open…Some people may think at 12:01, Walmart’s very quiet, but in a lot of our areas of the country, 12:01 is a big day or a big night for us, actually,” Johnston said.

Becca Reeder and her husband, T.J. Fowler, are one of the families shopping before the sun rises.

When NBC News visited their home six days before the first of the month, they had no milk in their refrigerator. Among the few things left were water, bacon grease for the dog’s food, a little bit of apple juice, cheese and tortillas.

The couple and their 2-year-old son, Miles, live in Nampa, Idaho, about a 30-minute drive from Boise. Reeder and Fowler married in September. She recently had to pawn her wedding ring to help support the family.

“As long as I got my family, I’m good,” she said.

The newlyweds are both certified nursing assistants but have been unable to find work in their field. Fowler is commuting an hour and a half round trip to a part-time job flipping burgers at a fast-food restaurant and Reeder is not working.

They never imagined they would need food stamps to get by.

“It’s kind of a pride thing,” said Reeder. “We are going [to] get out of this. One day we will and we aren’t going to need food stamps forever.”

Reeder is one of the nearly 46 million Americans who depend on federal assistance for food, according to Department of Agriculture. Nearly 15 percent of the U.S. population is part of the food stamp program, now called SNAP.

Reeder knows that her family’s government assistance is deposited at exactly 4:12 a.m. on the first of the month. Using the debit card that holds their government assistance feels embarrassing at times, she said.

“I actually have my little technique I use. I take my palm of my hand and I kind of cover the card with the palm of my hand so that you can’t see the top of it when I’m swiping it, so the person behind me in line doesn’t, they don’t see food stamps,” Reeder said.

The family’s home state, Idaho, has seen a rapid rise in food stamp use over the last two years.

“Two years ago, we were at just over 2 percent unemployment,” said Kathy Gardner, director of Idaho Hunger Relief Task Force. “Our food stamp participation rate was one of the lowest in the nation…because only 55 percent, a little over half of the Idahoans that were eligible and needed food stamps were participating.”

Now, Idaho’s unemployment rate is 9.1 percent and its food stamp participation has increased by 15 percent. Gardner said that it’s not the chronically poor turning increasingly to food stamps, but professionals down on their luck.

“We know that Idahoans are in a desperate situation. They are watering down baby formula. Parents are cutting back on what they’re eating so that their children can have food,” Gardner said. “We know that families are getting up in the middle of the night to get to the store.”

Jessica Postma and fiancé James Dougherty often go without food or just eat rice toward the end of the month, so that the five children in their blended family of seven can have more balanced meals.

When NBC News first met the couple, Postma was working as a supervisor at a call center making $13.50 an hour. She recently lost that job. She has found a new job where she will make less money. Dougherty has a background in banking and sales training. He’d been out of work for two months when he recently found a job taking customer service calls from home for a tech company. That job pays him $8.50 an hour.

“We’re not the habitual abusers of the system. We don’t, you know, we don’t use this as a crutch by any stretch of the imagination. This is to stabilize our family and to help give us a platform to launch ourselves into being able to do it ourselves,” Dougherty said.

The couple turned to government food assistance when they realized they might lose their home.

NBC News went shopping with them at the local Walmart when $691 was deposited in their account at midnight on the first of the month. The couple said they choose to shop in the middle of the night because it gets even busier during the day on the first of the month.

“It’s like, put your battle gear on and go grocery shopping and it’s just too crazy,” Postma said.

In an event akin to Black Friday, shoppers filled the store stocking up on basics like pasta, rice and meats.

“It’s like the Super Bowl of grocery stores,” Dougherty said. “And you show up and there’s just troves and troves and troves of people and it’s chaotic. I mean, it really is. If you’re claustrophobic, don’t go into an Idaho grocery store on the first.”

The couple budget closely and try and save for important milestones like their kids’ birthdays, but surprise requests can be heartbreaking.

“We had gone to parent/teacher conferences at the middle school for my oldest and he mentioned that the book fair was going on and there was a book he wanted,” Postma said. “It was between paydays, you know? Right smack dab in the middle between paydays and there was no way. We were already struggling to make it through the week and I had to tell him no.”

The book cost $10.

“I told him, ‘You know, when we’re back on our feet, we’ll definitely get you that book,’” Postma said.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:11 AM   #390
MagnusVonMagnum
macrumors 68040

Quote:
heh heh, I think you would like to stay in Cuba kind of socialist economy 8-)
heh heh, I think you would like to stay in the freaking dark ages where you have royalty/knights and Serfs/peasants and NO ONE in-between. 8-)

Quote:
This is one article that I always remember. People who posted here tends to be more affluence so raising price 38 cents is not big deal in your mind. But check this article out. When you raise average price 38 cents per item, you are going to drive a lot of poor people going hungry at the end of the month. Notice at the end of the article, the guy can even afford to buy a $10 book for his son. Merry Christmas to you too... 8-)
Yeah, he probably cannot afford it because he can't get a good job because WalMart forced it overseas to meet their low price guarantee.

If WalMart employees made $2 more an hour, they could afford 38 cents more at the grocery store since they'd make over 4k more a year. Cuba my arse.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:30 PM   #391
xofruitcake
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusVonMagnum View Post
heh heh, I think you would like to stay in the freaking dark ages where you have royalty/knights and Serfs/peasants and NO ONE in-between. 8-)

Yeah, he probably cannot afford it because he can't get a good job because WalMart forced it overseas to meet their low price guarantee.

If WalMart employees made $2 more an hour, they could afford 38 cents more at the grocery store since they'd make over 4k more a year. Cuba my arse.
Walmart only sell their goods to Walmart workers? 8-)) So everyone should sacrifice so Walmart workers will have more take home money? So what about Verizon workers? What about Target workers? What about Safeway workers? What about McDonald workers? At the end, the $2 raise look pretty bad because their money is not going very far because all other companies has to raise the price of their goods with your logic ... Cuba looks pretty good in your scenario. 8-)

Last edited by xofruitcake; Dec 26, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:15 PM   #392
MagnusVonMagnum
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Walmart only sell their goods to Walmart workers? 8-)) So everyone should sacrifice so Walmart workers will have more take home money? So what about Verizon workers? What about Target workers? What about Safeway workers? What about McDonald workers? At the end, the $2 raise look pretty bad because their money is not going very far because all other companies has to raise the price of their goods with your logic ... Cuba looks pretty good in your scenario. 8-)
We're talking about a specific business that hoards billions for the top 1/1000 of 1 percent and has enough cash flow where a lousy 38 cents per customer (whether absorbed by the company or passed on to consumers) equals over $4k more per employee that isn't making enough to even live on without government aid unless they're living with their parents. That isn't the case for every single business out there. The subject is WalMart, not Verizon or McDonalds.

But what you're saying is that you aren't willing to spend 38 more cents per visit to make all WalMart employees' lives considerably better? You're the one that belongs in Cuba since you have more in common with Castro than anyone else. It's no wonder that the Republicans won't budge on the fiscal cliff over a whopping 2% of the country that has more money than the other 98%. They share the same attitude as you. They won't give a dime to help anyone but themselves. They'd rather put the entire country at risk instead when it won't affect their lives in any substantial manner what-so-ever compared to those that actually struggle to make ends meet.

It's the same old story of no amount of money EVER being enough. No wonder it took thousands of years just to get past the horse and wagon. 98% of the world couldn't afford to do anything but work all day, let alone work on inventing anything. Nowadays if a large corporation found a cure for cancer, they'd bury it immediately unless it was something they could keep charging you for the rest of your life. Yes, we'll see what good unending greed does people in the end one day.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:54 AM   #393
cmcclure16
macrumors regular

Is this sale still going on?
cmcclure16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:20 AM   #394
Gasu E.
macrumors 68030

I think a lot of people are missing the point. Advertising "no rain check" sales is unethical, and should be illegal, unless the item is on close-out. It's just a sly form of bait and switch.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:45 AM   #395
Dopeyman
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Dopeyman Send a message via MSN to Dopeyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcclure16 View Post
Is this sale still going on?
Yup... I just picked one up earlier today, or yesterday (Friday) at the Cerritos, CA store.... Paid $138.43 exactly.... According to the sales girl, the offer is ending tomorrow...
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:21 AM   #396
3lite
macrumors 6502a

All of the iPads are sold out at my stores... missed out big time.
3lite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:06 AM   #397
Southern Dad
macrumors 6502a

As has been mentioned earlier, the biggest issue that I've encountered is that the Walmart employees do not have the knowledge of the Apple product line that true Apple users expect, need and desire. This is why many of us come to places like this to educate ourselves on the products.

I was recently in a Walmart where the sales associate was telling a potential iPhone purchaser that she could use the phone on any network which she wanted. It was just a matter of switching the SIM card.
Southern Dad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:20 AM   #398
fiddlestyx
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
As has been mentioned earlier, the biggest issue that I've encountered is that the Walmart employees do not have the knowledge of the Apple product line that true Apple users expect, need and desire. This is why many of us come to places like this to educate ourselves on the products.

I was recently in a Walmart where the sales associate was telling a potential iPhone purchaser that she could use the phone on any network which she wanted. It was just a matter of switching the SIM card.
That's impressive that the women was even getting any service. There no where to be found in my experiences when I've had to go to a Walmart.

The prices at Walmart aren't even as low as people seem to think. There's a reason multiple companies are complaing to their states about those commercials where Walmart shows how much people "saved" compared to another retailer.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:28 AM   #399
einmusiker
macrumors 68020

quick question... what would the verizon etf be on this? $350? so buy it for $127+350 etf and you get it contract free for 477? am I missing something? much better than paying 650 no?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:01 PM   #400
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDav View Post
Maybe we can revisit this conversation again. Maybe after they release the quarterly numbers? You can tell me why the blowout results are actually pointing to Apples eminent demise.
Hmmm, since you suggested a revisit....

Quote:
Apple shares slide as iPhone misses Christmas sales forecast

Analysts say astonishing iPhone growth run may be over, with sales figures missing forecast of 50m units.
Demand has been high for the Apple's earlier smartphone models, which are cheaper. on sale at lower prices. "It's notable that so many consumers are opting for older models rather than the iPhone 5," said Sarah Rotman Epps at research firm Forrester. "It means there's demand for cheaper Apple products, and Apple may have saturated the high end of the market."
Not quite the "blowout" quarter after all, especially for the Iphone 5.
AidenShaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion