Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68020

Lol at people who don't have the pleasure of having the white 5.

I have usually always went with black (except when the 32 3G was only in elite exclusive white.)

But since then I had only black and even with the 5 I was gonna go in the store with my mind made up and the intention to get the black.

But at the time of purchase I had to tell the clerk "white 64."

Why?

C'mon just look at it.

White obviously looks way nicer overall this time around. Even for guys.
Bobby Corwen is offline   1
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Krimsonmyst
macrumors 6502

Here's a radical idea:

Other people may prefer black.

*gasp*!
Krimsonmyst is offline   9
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68020

I usually did too.

But this design paradigm has shifted the status quo of what is essentially, "the gentleman's choice" and the clear winner in terms of aesthetics when the point of view of the "man of taste" is considered, and not even forgetting the fashion standpoint on all of this including any effects along the lines of homosexuality and post-modernity because we all know that different people have different ideas, but not everyone is honest with oneself such as was the paradox of Umbabi and The Great Whale of Cluj.
Bobby Corwen is offline   2
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:39 PM   #4
90miles
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Corwen View Post
I usually did too.

But this design paradigm has shifted the status quo of what is essentially, "the gentleman's choice" and the clear winner in terms of aesthetics when the point of view of the "man of taste" is considered, and not even forgetting the fashion standpoint on all of this including any effects along the lines of homosexuality and post-modernity because we all know that different people have different ideas, but not everyone is honest with oneself such as was the paradox of Umbabi and The Great Whale of Cluj.
I'm scratching my head after this one, I mean, really ?
iPod Classic 80GB (5th gen)
90miles is offline   4
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:43 PM   #5
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

I know when I had an iPhone 4s I first got a white one and I got endless g*y comments from co-workers/friends. I mean seriously.... even weeks after. I ended up getting a black because a family member wanted white and I wanted to try the black. That said I think the white iPhone looks better but I don't see how it is g*y or feminine. It looks better.... you don't see smudges or dust on the phone. Wish I had gotten a white iPhone 5 but went with black because of the sweet black metal band. (Black is favorite color).
BigMcGuire is offline   0
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:44 PM   #6
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Quote:
I usually did too.

Wow really? I'm very happy with my black iPhone 5 and in my opinion it's better looking then the white iPhone 5.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:46 PM   #7
mpayne2k
macrumors 6502a

I've had both...but prefer my white iPhone 5. I actually wish I had a Black iPhone 5 body (all stealth like), but with a white face, I would like the contrast.
mpayne2k is offline   0
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:48 PM   #8
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

lol at this thread
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 8.0
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   2
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:48 PM   #9
Marrakas
macrumors 6502

Obvious troll, nothing to see here.
Marrakas is offline   3
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:02 PM   #10
urkel
macrumors 68020

Quote:
C'mon just look at it.

White obviously looks way nicer overall this time around. Even for guys.
Just curious, but what is it about white that makes you feel it looks better? Its got black borders for the non-widescreen apps which is distracting and it shares the same silver/white stylings of the old model so its a bit ordinary in comparison to last gen.

And thats what is so nice about black this time around. Black has been so played out with cellphones that its become boring, but Apple managed to make the screen and phone blend so nicely that when its off it looks like a pure black surface and when its on then it doesnt have the visible borders for non-iPhone 5 (tall) apps.

Personally, I like the black better right now but Im feeling that in a year the white ones will hold up much much better due to them avoiding all the paint (and paint chipping) issues that we have on the dark side.
urkel is offline   0
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:04 PM   #11
duneriderltr450
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90miles View Post
I'm scratching my head after this one, I mean, really ?
I agree. My IQ dropped about 10 points after reading his post.
duneriderltr450 is offline   3
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:09 PM   #12
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Actually I prefer the blue one.
maxosx is offline   2
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:41 PM   #13
Mengels7
macrumors regular

Right...

I have the black one. It's gorgeous. I'd prefer a (RED) one like they've been doing with their iPod line for a while now. LOVE that color.
Mengels7 is offline   0
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:50 PM   #14
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Damn, I miss the down vote button.
ucfgrad93 is offline   2
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:54 PM   #15
II BISTRO II
macrumors member

Lol at people who don't have the pleasure of having the black 5

That's funny OP because, I have usually always went with white (except when the 32 3G was only in elite exclusive black.)

But since then I had only white and even with the 5 I was gonna go in the store with my mind made up and the intention to get the white.

But at the time of purchase I had to tell the clerk "black 64."

Why?

C'mon just look at it.

Black obviously looks way nicer overall this time around. Even for guys.
II BISTRO II is offline   3
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:54 PM   #16
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

The trolls are reaching a new low. One downvote here..
Givmeabrek is offline   0
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:09 PM   #17
Learylvr.
macrumors regular

Sounds more like the OP is trying to convince himself, that he made the right choice. Wow...
Learylvr. is offline   0
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:12 PM   #18
CEmajr
macrumors 68030

I actually think this is the first time that the black iPhone looks better than the white. I always got white until now.
CEmajr is offline   0
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:14 PM   #19
isephmusic
macrumors 6502

totally agree, white iphone 5 is so beautiful im looking at it right now actually it looks so expensive and nice. especially the blue slim case on have on it. goddamn this phone is so sweet. too bad i have to actually turn it on and use it.

what a drag
isephmusic is offline   0
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:21 PM   #20
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by urkel View Post
Just curious, but what is it about white that makes you feel it looks better? Its got black borders for the non-widescreen apps which is distracting and it shares the same silver/white stylings of the old model so its a bit ordinary in comparison to last gen.

And thats what is so nice about black this time around. Black has been so played out with cellphones that its become boring, but Apple managed to make the screen and phone blend so nicely that when its off it looks like a pure black surface and when its on then it doesnt have the visible borders for non-iPhone 5 (tall) apps.

Personally, I like the black better right now but Im feeling that in a year the white ones will hold up much much better due to them avoiding all the paint (and paint chipping) issues that we have on the dark side.
To answer your question, it's due to the symmetry and the geometrical blend of the hues with proportion to the overall aesthetic scope.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by II BISTRO II View Post
That's funny OP because, I have usually always went with white (except when the 32 3G was only in elite exclusive black.)

But since then I had only white and even with the 5 I was gonna go in the store with my mind made up and the intention to get the white.

But at the time of purchase I had to tell the clerk "black 64."

Why?

C'mon just look at it.

Black obviously looks way nicer overall this time around. Even for guys.
Dont fall for it people! Its a trick! All this guy did was copy what I said but swapped white with black in it and edited it!
Bobby Corwen is offline   1

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland