Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KiwiAdventure

Suspended
Dec 7, 2010
New Zealand
First time I had and issue with wifi was Saturday. I had to hard set the 5 to make wifi work.

Updating in New Zealand is never a problem it just works. I'm so please we are in our time zone.

Come to think of it I'm glad I'm in a country which bans all guns except a single shot riffle and the riffle has to lock away separate from the bolt and ammunition when not in use.:rolleyes: Carrying knives is banned too.:) Our Police don't carry guns as well.

xlost6

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
I hope this solves the problem I was having with my iPhone 5 at work. Sometimes it would just connect to the WiFi signal but wouldn't bring up the log in page at all. I would always have to restart my iPhone.

I just updated it though. So I will try to see if the problem exists or is solved tomorrow.

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
First time I had and issue with wifi was Saturday. I had to hard set the 5 to make wifi work.

Updating in New Zealand is never a problem it just works. I'm so please we are in our time zone.

Come to think of it I'm glad I'm in a country which bans all guns except a single shot riffle and the riffle has to lock away separate from the bolt and ammunition when not in use.:rolleyes: Carrying knives is banned too.:) Our Police don't carry guns as well.

3/4 of your post has nothing to do with the topic..

Mine wouldn't have a bad connection on. 5Ghz, now it's fine.

sticky.chicken

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2009
Melbourne, Australia

So what happens when the filth chase someone? They shout stop, or we'll shout stop again!

:confused:;)

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Update: Many users are reporting difficulties downloading iOS 6.0.2, with attempts at over-the-air updates simply yielding errors. Users updating through iTunes appear to be having more success, although even then it may take several attempts.

If I was having wifi issues the last thing I would do is try an OTA software update. Double on the first day when everyone is going to be trying to get it and jam up the servers etc

timborama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Does it fix the iPhone 5, iOS 6, FaceTime... "bad connection" bug? Only happens with that combination of device and OS.

CodeBreaker

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2010
Sea of Tranquility
Interesting. My WiFi was (and still is) a bit sluggish. But this update wiped out my cellular APN settings. Even after putting back the settings, it can only connect to 3G. Edge does not work. Tried a hard reset, didn't work. :mad:

photographypro

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
American in Pisa (Italy)
983.1MB. What happened to delta updates?

Do it on the iPhone, not your computer. Computer iTunes update will download the complete software. However, in past updates, I've found that installing from the computer was more reliable, even though it took much longer. In other words, I did the iPhone update over the air, had problems, and then reinstalled with iTunes and problems went away.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California
I got a strange issue with 6.0.2. I updated via iTunes on my iP5, tethered. it worked fine, no issues.

However- Hours later, I went to text an image over non-imessage on 4G and my phone went into an auto-reboot and I couldn't do anything. I turned off a few times and a hard-reset a couple times. It didn't fix it. It randomly started to work again?

I haven't seen this issue before but it must be part of 6.0.2.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
It's strange, updated the ios to 6.0.2 on my iPhone 5 and I'm getting about 3 to 4 bars average. Before I got 4 to 5.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California
It's strange, updated the ios to 6.0.2 on my iPhone 5 and I'm getting about 3 to 4 bars average. Before I got 4 to 5.

incoming antennagate redux! ;)

Joking, well, sorta... My iP4 on 3G used to get full bars at home and my iPhone 5 on 4G only gets 2-3 bars and LTE only 1 bar. I know 4G and LTE are different bands and I think there isn't a nearby LTE tower. I just get crap reception on my phone.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
RE:Update: "Many users are reporting difficulties downloading iOS 6.0.2, with attempts at over-the-air updates simply yielding errors. Users updating through iTunes appear to be having more success, although even then it may take several attempts."

Yea I have tried many times to do this update and it errors out every time and that is in itunes. Very frustrating for me but I hear the update brings new problems to some so maybe it's just as well. I'm gonna stop trying for a day or two.

SlasherDuff

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2008
Gator Country
update downloaded but still wont connect to my phone via wi fi. have to use bluetooth for now

i use my 4s for a mobile hotspot. ipad 2 connects with no problem

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
India
Apparently this is fixed for me as well

This issue existed from the day one. Even I was able to get very good reception from my iPhone 4S but iPhone 5 could not pickup Wifi signals. Hope this fixes battery life as well.

After this, I am able to see improvements in WiFi reception.

hbmex

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2009
Huntington Beach
ipad mini software update

I updated my software for my ipad mini last night and now my cellular network doesn't work! It won't let me connect to the internet by tethering my iphone either. Is anyone else experiencing this? Please help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.