Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:24 PM   #176
matt.smith
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tann View Post
Hmm, I have been having wifi issues since updating :/ Before, perfect!
Ditto. Was fine before, now there's just no data on the wifi connection until I toggle Airplane mode on and off.
matt.smith is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:38 PM   #177
KiwiAdventure
macrumors regular

First time I had and issue with wifi was Saturday. I had to hard set the 5 to make wifi work.

Updating in New Zealand is never a problem it just works. I'm so please we are in our time zone.

Come to think of it I'm glad I'm in a country which bans all guns except a single shot riffle and the riffle has to lock away separate from the bolt and ammunition when not in use. Carrying knives is banned too. Our Police don't carry guns as well.
KiwiAdventure is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:39 PM   #178
SlasherDuff
macrumors 6502a

No wonder I had trouble connecting to my hotspot from my Mini...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:54 PM   #179
xlost6
macrumors regular

I hope this solves the problem I was having with my iPhone 5 at work. Sometimes it would just connect to the WiFi signal but wouldn't bring up the log in page at all. I would always have to restart my iPhone.

I just updated it though. So I will try to see if the problem exists or is solved tomorrow.
xlost6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:21 PM   #180
NM08SRT8
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiAdventure View Post
First time I had and issue with wifi was Saturday. I had to hard set the 5 to make wifi work.

Updating in New Zealand is never a problem it just works. I'm so please we are in our time zone.

Come to think of it I'm glad I'm in a country which bans all guns except a single shot riffle and the riffle has to lock away separate from the bolt and ammunition when not in use. Carrying knives is banned too. Our Police don't carry guns as well.
3/4 of your post has nothing to do with the topic..

Mine wouldn't have a bad connection on. 5Ghz, now it's fine.
NM08SRT8 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:21 PM   #181
sticky.chicken
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiAdventure View Post

So what happens when the filth chase someone? They shout stop, or we'll shout stop again!

sticky.chicken is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:01 PM   #182
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post

Update: Many users are reporting difficulties downloading iOS 6.0.2, with attempts at over-the-air updates simply yielding errors. Users updating through iTunes appear to be having more success, although even then it may take several attempts.
If I was having wifi issues the last thing I would do is try an OTA software update. Double on the first day when everyone is going to be trying to get it and jam up the servers etc
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:03 PM   #183
timborama
macrumors member

Does it fix the iPhone 5, iOS 6, FaceTime... "bad connection" bug? Only happens with that combination of device and OS.
timborama is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:04 PM   #184
CodeBreaker
macrumors 6502

Interesting. My WiFi was (and still is) a bit sluggish. But this update wiped out my cellular APN settings. Even after putting back the settings, it can only connect to 3G. Edge does not work. Tried a hard reset, didn't work.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:04 PM   #185
jaggunothing
macrumors regular

iPhone 5 updated OTA, no bug before or after. Ill check again at a spot where wifi is weak.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:07 AM   #186
TonyC28
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfactor View Post
And a chill pill for you, too.

----------

Thanks for the chill pill. I don't know why but this bug drives me absolutely crazy. And by the way it hasn't been fixed with this update.
TonyC28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:58 AM   #187
photographypro
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerozal View Post
983.1MB. What happened to delta updates?
Do it on the iPhone, not your computer. Computer iTunes update will download the complete software. However, in past updates, I've found that installing from the computer was more reliable, even though it took much longer. In other words, I did the iPhone update over the air, had problems, and then reinstalled with iTunes and problems went away.
photographypro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:48 AM   #188
OverSpun
macrumors 6502a

I got a strange issue with 6.0.2. I updated via iTunes on my iP5, tethered. it worked fine, no issues.

However- Hours later, I went to text an image over non-imessage on 4G and my phone went into an auto-reboot and I couldn't do anything. I turned off a few times and a hard-reset a couple times. It didn't fix it. It randomly started to work again?

I haven't seen this issue before but it must be part of 6.0.2.
OverSpun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:57 AM   #189
JetBlack7
macrumors 68000

It's strange, updated the ios to 6.0.2 on my iPhone 5 and I'm getting about 3 to 4 bars average. Before I got 4 to 5.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:59 AM   #190
Macman45
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT8064 View Post
There was a Wi-Fi bug?
Not for me...Hasn't missed a beat...Just updated, now watch it glitch!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:53 AM   #191
OverSpun
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack7 View Post
It's strange, updated the ios to 6.0.2 on my iPhone 5 and I'm getting about 3 to 4 bars average. Before I got 4 to 5.
incoming antennagate redux!

Joking, well, sorta... My iP4 on 3G used to get full bars at home and my iPhone 5 on 4G only gets 2-3 bars and LTE only 1 bar. I know 4G and LTE are different bands and I think there isn't a nearby LTE tower. I just get crap reception on my phone.
OverSpun is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:08 AM   #192
MacBoobsPro
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to MacBoobsPro
My phone still cant see it!?

Apparently 601 is the latest version?!
MacBoobsPro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:25 AM   #193
OverSpun
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBoobsPro View Post
My phone still cant see it!?

Apparently 601 is the latest version?!
download it from iTunes rather OTA? I always download with itunes cause I'm always worried if I update while I'm out if it freezes out my phone.
OverSpun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:45 AM   #194
JetBlack7
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSpun View Post
download it from iTunes rather OTA? I always download with itunes cause I'm always worried if I update while I'm out if it freezes out my phone.
I too always download with iTunes because it's safer.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:51 AM   #195
WLS
macrumors 6502a

RE:Update: "Many users are reporting difficulties downloading iOS 6.0.2, with attempts at over-the-air updates simply yielding errors. Users updating through iTunes appear to be having more success, although even then it may take several attempts."

Yea I have tried many times to do this update and it errors out every time and that is in itunes. Very frustrating for me but I hear the update brings new problems to some so maybe it's just as well. I'm gonna stop trying for a day or two.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:07 AM   #196
SlasherDuff
macrumors 6502a

update downloaded but still wont connect to my phone via wi fi. have to use bluetooth for now

i use my 4s for a mobile hotspot. ipad 2 connects with no problem
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:03 AM   #197
Ramchi
macrumors regular

Apparently this is fixed for me as well

This issue existed from the day one. Even I was able to get very good reception from my iPhone 4S but iPhone 5 could not pickup Wifi signals. Hope this fixes battery life as well.

After this, I am able to see improvements in WiFi reception.
Ramchi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:05 AM   #198
wrldwzrd89
macrumors G4

This is only for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini, right? I have neither device - does that mean this update does not apply to me?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:07 AM   #199
Ramchi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldwzrd89 View Post
This is only for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini, right? I have neither device - does that mean this update does not apply to me?
Yes, I tried in my iPad it says, latest. It seems it is only for iPhone 5 & iPad Mini
Ramchi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:28 AM   #200
hbmex
macrumors newbie

ipad mini software update

I updated my software for my ipad mini last night and now my cellular network doesn't work! It won't let me connect to the internet by tethering my iphone either. Is anyone else experiencing this? Please help!
hbmex is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion