Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thepiks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
my fault, question: is my negligence covered under the warranty. It was 1 day old?

MojoRisinSD

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2012
OUCH! Nope... I feel for you man! This is actually the first post from my new 27", I would die if I busted it that fast!

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Apple are probably no more responsible for this than Ford would be if you bought a new Focus, then drove it out of the dealership and into a tree.

However, they have been known to be pretty sympathetic in the past relating to damaged iPhones, iPods even in cases where there was clearly zero liability on their part.

It sucks though, I hope you get your problem resolved and that your story ends well :(

EDIT: Someone else used the same car analogy as me.

SubaLou

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
My sincere condolences.....but also thanks for making this thread. It will make me take a deep breath - then SLOWLY and carefully open and set up my mac when it arrives. My excitement is getting to me, so i needed to come back to earth a bit. Best wishes on getting a replacement.

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
he joined mac rumors yesterday i am thinking troller. he had photos of it (2012 imac) in the other thread that he started,but no photos of this or how he shattered it.

this is his other thread with photos;

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1509625/

now I understand he may be upset if he really dropped it. and when we asked for a photo and a how did it break? That he did not bother to answer due to his sorrow.. I do find it a bit odd that his first thread was the new iMac has bad whites then his next thread is I broke my new iMac.

Last edited:

TheSpeaker

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
This is bull, it's so obvious. ANYONE who dropped a 27" computer would post pics showing the destruction. I've seen worse trolls in 48fps in IMAX 3D.

----------

Also

my fault, question: is my negligence covered under the warranty.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

You must be joking!

Locksmth

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Oh, come on guys! He's probably too busy swinging from a rope after kicking out the chair, to post.

rainbowsofwhite

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
Without pictures this post is suspect.
If you truly need some help, show us.

Otherwise stop wasting peoples time with negativity.

cosmicjoke

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2011
Portland, OR
Without pictures this post is suspect.
If you truly need some help, show us.

Otherwise stop wasting peoples time with negativity.

How the hell do pictures help answer his question? All he asked is if it would be covered - the answer is no... Nowhere did he ask about how/how much/where to have it fixed etc. You guys want pics for the same reason people slow down at a car crash on the interstate...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.