Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:12 PM   #1
manuel.mx
macrumors member

iPhone 5 stuck in Searching after 6.0.2 update

Hi,

I just updated my iPhone 5 to 6.0.2 and my computer sent it to recovery mode, after exiting it it rebooted claiming to have 6.0.2, but i cant seem to restore it as it throws an error, just restarted my computer and updated itunes, and still the same thing, cant restore.

Aditionally, the phone is stuck in Searching... if I take out the Sim, it wont even show that it has "no SIM", remains stuck in searching. Rebooted the phone, went into airplane mode, and nothing happened. I cant seem to search for networks manually, guess my carrier (Movistar Mexico) blocked it out.

Is there any fix for this?

I'll have to try in another computer... but wont be at home till tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!
Manuel
manuel.mx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:43 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Put it in dfu mode and try restoring on another computer with the latest itunes installed.
Mine after I did the OTA update today to 6.0.2 was searching for about a minute the first time it started up.
After that it was fine.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:13 AM   #3
manuel.mx
macrumors member

i had to restore it back to 6.0.1 in another computer, then upgraded to 6.0.2 OTA, it took a minute as well, so now its working, but was time consuming. given the big backups to be restored. But originally, it wouldnt find a signal after the original upgrade.

Thanks for the tips!
manuel.mx is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone