Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Highboy90

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
NY
Hope this is allowed. :confused:

B&H is offering a Mac Mini package deal. Today only perhaps. Includes Apple Care, Magic Trackpad, wireless keyboard and choice of free software. $714 plus tax for base 2.5 i5 Mini.

B&H Deal

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks

Thanks. I ordered one tonight. Just the base Mini, Wireless Keyboard, and Magic Trackpad was $735 on Amazon. So I'm paying $21 less and getting Applecare and Parallels 8 for free.

Next up, monitor, SSD, 16GB RAM.

John

NMF

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2011
Wow, this is an insane deal. I was going to get my in-laws a Mac Mini for Christmas. I also just ordered Parallels 8 for myself from Newegg.

Time to cancel that order, wow!

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
Wow, this is an insane deal. I was going to get my in-laws a Mac Mini for Christmas. I also just ordered Parallels 8 for myself from Newegg.

Time to cancel that order, wow!

I was gonna buy all this from amazon and this was gonna be 944 , i don't mind saving 216 dollars!

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
That is the good thing about buying a mac in the EU. Applecare is not needed here, definitely not on the Mini. A little compensation for the bad euro/dollar rates.

And don't overrate the price of Parallels. You are STUPID if you pay their asking price. They are real høokers and dive into every cheap deal they can, so if you pay more than 25 for it, your lifted. Check some recent MacUpdate/MacHeist packages. Virtual Box does the same btw and is free. The new version even runs Parallels images.

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
That is the good thing about buying a mac in the EU. Applecare is not needed here, definitely not on the Mini. A little compensation for the bad euro/dollar rates.

And don't overrate the price of Parallels. You are STUPID if you pay their asking price. They are real høokers and dive into every cheap deal they can, so if you pay more than 25 for it, your lifted. Check some recent MacUpdate/MacHeist packages. Virtual Box does the same btw and is free. The new version even runs Parallels images.

Are you saying this not a good deal?

Highboy90

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
NY
Deal is dead. ;) Will let you guys know if I come across this or similar again for the Mini. B&H does seem to still be running a deal on the 13.3" MacBook Air which includes a Laptop Sleeve & AppleCare Kit. Not sure how it compares to normal prices.

Highboy90

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
NY
Whenever I used B&H, they always had in stock and shipped as promised. They have a solid reputation.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
B&H is an Authorized Apple Reseller. I actually looked them up on the Apple website, so I'm certain.

I just ordered a Mini from B&H a couple of days ago. I didn't want the peripherals, but there was still a deal for a discounted base model 2012 Mini (about $580) with free Parallels 8 and AppleCare half off (about $50).

AppleCare extends the warranty to three years and extends the technical support for both hardware and software from 30 days to three years. (Without it, technical support runs from $30 to $700 per call).

In Europe you get all that included with every Mac?

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
My order placed last night was shipped today and (something at least) is confirmed to be in UPS's hands and on its way to Ohio for a Friday delivery.

When it gets here, I have to verify its functionality and then pack it back up so my wife can wrap it for Christmas. :)

(My poor wife usually tells me to pick out my Christmas present, because two of my three hobbies, computers and firearms, are so technical that a non-hobbyist is hard-pressed to shop for a hobbyist. And my third hobby, running, doesn't lend itself to exciting presents.)

Last edited:

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
My order placed last night was shipped today and (something at least) is confirmed to be in UPS's hands and on its way to Ohio for a Friday delivery.

When it gets here, I have to verify its functionality and then pack it back up so my wife can wrap it for Christmas. :)

(My poor wife usually tells me to pick out my Christmas present, because two of my three hobbies, computers and firearms, are so technical that a non-hobbyist is hard-pressed to shop for a hobbyist. And my third hobby, running, doesn't lend itself to exciting presents.)

Mine is on its way to Philadelphia i picked 2 day ground shipping, really impressed by B&H. Buying this for my mom for christmas.

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Mine is on its way to Philadelphia i picked 2 day ground shipping, really impressed by B&H. Buying this for my mom for christmas.
Mine is going to end up as the HTPC/media hub, relieving that duty from the family PC. I'm going to want to play with it for a while too, though, because I haven't had a Mac since I bought a Mac Centris 660AV PC Compatible in 1993.

That was a quirky, amazing little machine with basic speech recognition powered by a separate DSP chip, with TV/video input/digitizer, and with an Intel486-PC-on-a-card (running Windows) factory installed. It's hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago. :eek:

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
Mine is going to end up as the HTPC/media hub, relieving that duty from the family PC. I'm going to want to play with it for a while too, though, because I haven't had a Mac since I bought a Mac Centris 660AV PC Compatible in 1993.

That was a quirky, amazing little machine with basic speech recognition powered by a separate DSP chip, with TV/video input/digitizer, and with an Intel486-PC-on-a-card (running Windows) factory installed. It's hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago. :eek:

The mini's are perfect for that, you are going to love it....did you upgrade to W8?

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
The mini's are perfect for that, you are going to love it....did you upgrade to W8?
I did upgrade the family PC to Win 8. I'm not a big fan of the "Metro" side of Win 8 on a non-touchscreen machine, but the "Desktop" side of Win 8 has a lot of nice feature improvements from Win 7. And with the $5 Start8 utility installed to restore the Start menu, my wife and kids didn't really even notice the change from Win 7.

My biggest issue with the Mac Mini serving as the HTPC will be what to do with my external drive tower. Right now I have two 3TB drives in an external 4-bay tower connected to the Win 8 machine via USB 3.0. Once I upgraded to Win 8, I switched from mirroring via a nightly script to transparent mirroring via Storage Spaces. Right now, I have just over 2TB of movies ripped from our blu-ray collection and Handbrake'd to my preferred settings. The Mac won't have any idea what to do with drives in a Win 8 Storage Spaces setup. I need to figure out how to best to set up a mirror/parity collection of drives in the Mac environment, short of a true RAID solution. I'll probably upgrade to four 3TB drives at the same time, so that I'm not shuffling TBs of data more than once. Under Win 8, four 3TB drives in a Storage Spaces parity arrangement should give me something short of 9TB storage space with protection against a single drive failure. I'd love to accomplish that on the Mac side without a hardware RAID solution.

John

vandrv

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
I've bought many thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment, as well as my MacBook Pro, from B&H and they are as good as it gets. I live in Maryland and always receive my orders the next day.

Highboy90

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
NY
The mac mini showed up today at 11am EST, B&H gets an A++ in my book.
Glad to hear you're happy with their service. Would hate to lead anyone the wrong direction. I've got a SSD HD in my B&H cart as we "speak." Just haven't pulled the trigger on it YET.

Highboy90

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
NY
It's back! :)

Product Highlights
•2.5GHz Intel Core i5 Dual-Core
•4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
•500GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
•Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
•SDXC Memory Card Reader
•Thunderbolt, HDMI, FireWire 800, USB 3.0
•Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (64-bit)
•Magic Trackpad
•Apple Wireless Keyboard
•2-Year AppleCare Protection Plan

AND choice of free software:
FileMaker Bento 4 Database Software (Retail Box)
Parallels Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
LoJack for Laptops Standard Edition (1-Year Subscription)

Price: $714.00
Free shipping (USA)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/905842-REG/Apple_Mac_mini_with_Apple.html

Other B&H Photo Apple promotions:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Apple-Hot-Promotions/ci/20170/N/4068008802

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
It's back! :)

Product Highlights
•2.5GHz Intel Core i5 Dual-Core
•4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
•500GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
•Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
•SDXC Memory Card Reader
•Thunderbolt, HDMI, FireWire 800, USB 3.0
•Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (64-bit)
•Magic Trackpad
•Apple Wireless Keyboard
•2-Year AppleCare Protection Plan

AND choice of free software:
FileMaker Bento 4 Database Software (Retail Box)
Parallels Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
LoJack for Laptops Standard Edition (1-Year Subscription)

Price: $714.00
Free shipping (USA)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/905842-REG/Apple_Mac_mini_with_Apple.html

Other B&H Photo Apple promotions:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Apple-Hot-Promotions/ci/20170/N/4068008802

thanks I grabbed it today!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.