Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I've been waiting for Google to do scan and match. Now it won't be so labor intensive. The best part it's free. The 2nd best part is that it STREAMS my music instead of trying to download music to my phone taking up space and making it difficult to remove it (talking to you iTunes Match). That 2nd part is the reason why I didn't renew my iTunes Match subscription this year.

The first 20k songs is free. No word on if you can pay for additional space.

Last edited:

dw3bb10

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2008
Google Music is AMAZING! Love, and have used the service since beta! I have around 9,000 songs and used it religiously when I had my Samsung Galaxy S II. I now have my iPhone 5, and Google Music is the only reason why I miss Android. We need a NATIVE app! The web app is TRASH! And it never works for me in the background. With the wave of Google apps for iOS as of late, hopefully we get an app for Google Music soon and ill be happy!

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I'm hoping Google has a native app in the works. It's the 3rd reason I haven't uploaded to Google Music yet.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
What are the first two?

1) Uploading (I've dabbled with it a few times but ended up just deleting my library. Simply takes too long.)

2) Google doesn't seem to promote this product. At all.

3) No native iOS app. So unless I'm at my desktop/laptop which has wi-fi and/or ethernet wire, what's the point?

benguild

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2003
How does this work? I already have Google Music but I don't see any matching feature in the Mac Music Manager

walie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2010
1) Uploading (I've dabbled with it a few times but ended up just deleting my library. Simply takes too long.)

2) Google doesn't seem to promote this product. At all.

3) No native iOS app. So unless I'm at my desktop/laptop which has wi-fi and/or ethernet wire, what's the point?

Are you expecting commercial after commercial from google showing it off? I don't notice amazon or apple promoting theirs either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.