Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

View Poll Results: Should an iPad Mini with Retina be strategically held back?
Yes 13 35.14%
No 24 64.86%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:39 AM   #1
KittyKatta
macrumors 6502

Should an iPad Mini with Retina be strategically held back?

The iPad Mini has proven to be a success but the lack of retina has made it a product that seemed ready for a revision even before it was released. So, considering the iPad 4 backlash then should Apple hold off on releasing an updated iPad Mini with Retina? Why or Why Not?

I think there's a valid argument for both sides:

The negativity associated with an "unfinished" iPad Mini and an "early" iPad 4 may have contributed to the falling stock price so updating so soon may cause people to be more apprehensive or less impulsive when buying an Apple product.

But...

On the other hand, technology shouldn't be held back just because people will yell at you if you improve their products too soon so if a Retina iPad Mini is ready then it shouldn't be held back.

IMO, if a retina version is ready then I think it's good for everyone. Apple gets a product lineup with no compromises and fans get the option to buy the product that they wanted from the start. For me, I love my iPad Mini but if a retina version is ready then I want it NOW!
KittyKatta is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad