Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:19 AM   #1
pmontanarella
macrumors 6502

Merging Apple Accounts

Hi everyone,

I know this topic has been covered extensively before, however, I have a specific issue that I thought maybe you guys could help me out with. Here's my current setup: I have an iTunes account with my @gmail.com email address that is set up a long time ago and I have all my iTunes purchases associated with it (to this day I still use it to buy music). Then I have my @me.com iCloud email i use for sync and for email (and pretty much everything else). I was thinking maybe I could transfer my purchases from one account to the iCloud account with iTunes match... is that possible? Has anyone done it? Also would there be a solution for apps? The reason why I want to unify them (or to simply have one account) is that when I setup my devices, I always have to go in and change the accounts for some services... also I want to use the Apple Store App to pay in-store however that app uses the account that is uses by the App Store, and therefore all my receipts would go to gmail...

I hope someone has a solutions,

THanks in advance for the help,
Pietro
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:26 AM   #2
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

That's an interesting idea. Make sure to make a backup of your iTunes files before you try. I can be wrong but think that iTunes Match will replace your files. Would be good to have a copy.

But it also means you still have two accounts and need to keep both. You could stop buying on the old one.
For apps this will not work.
I'm not 100% sure; will be good to hear others. I like the idea.
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:08 PM   #3
bgro
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmontanarella View Post
Hi everyone,

I know this topic has been covered extensively before, however, I have a specific issue that I thought maybe you guys could help me out with. Here's my current setup: I have an iTunes account with my @gmail.com email address that is set up a long time ago and I have all my iTunes purchases associated with it (to this day I still use it to buy music). Then I have my @me.com iCloud email i use for sync and for email (and pretty much everything else). I was thinking maybe I could transfer my purchases from one account to the iCloud account with iTunes match... is that possible? Has anyone done it? Also would there be a solution for apps? The reason why I want to unify them (or to simply have one account) is that when I setup my devices, I always have to go in and change the accounts for some services... also I want to use the Apple Store App to pay in-store however that app uses the account that is uses by the App Store, and therefore all my receipts would go to gmail...

I hope someone has a solutions,

THanks in advance for the help,
Pietro
This cannot be done right now. You can transfer your music and resubscribe to iTunes match but there is no option to transfer your purchased apps
bgro is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services