Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:00 PM   #1
jluce50
macrumors regular

Help! Bought a 3GS to use as an iPod and stuck at activation!

So I bought my daughter a used 3GS to use as an iPod. As soon as I got home I restored and upgraded to iOS 6 (the seller hadn't wiped any of their personal data). The problem is that after upgrading it's trying to activate and does not succeed so the phone is stuck at the activation screen. I've tried activating on the phone and in iTunes. I tried activating with the inactive T-Mobile SIM that came with it and an active AT&T SIM from another phone. Neither works.

So, with Christmas just around the corner, how can I get this phone activated (or get around the activation screen), so my daughter can get the iPod she's been wanting?

TIA!
jluce50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Paulsan
macrumors member

I have no clue but will bump you up.
Paulsan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting