Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:21 AM   #1
G0meZ
macrumors regular

mission control, jumping to wrong file

ok, say i've got three pdfs open in acrobat and three documents in libreoffice... one software on one mission control space (virtual screen), the other on the next.
when using cmd-tab to switch back and forth between the different programs, every couple of times, the system fails to give me back the last active (viewed/edited) file but shows another one open, quite arbitrarily so...

this used to work like a charm in SLeo's spaces... now it's a mess... anyway to fix this, a workaround, or is there a good and slim spaces-equivalent for lion? or is this fixed in mtnlion?

Last edited by G0meZ; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:29 AM.
G0meZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:28 AM   #2
G0meZ
macrumors regular

*bump*

really? no one?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Norrin
macrumors newbie

same here

Yup. Same problem. Driving me crazy. My scenario is slightly different.
I have terminal on desktop 1.
one safari window on desktop 2
another safari window on desktop 3
and xcode on desktop 4.

from safari on desktop 2, i cmd+tab to terminal on desktop 1. i then cmd+tab back to safari. it goes to desktop 3 instead of 2.

same thing from xcode on desktop 4. it'll go to the safari that ISN'T the most recent one.

even worse, this is intermittent. i can cmd+tab back and forward ten times and it'll keep going back to a DIFFERENT safari window each time. can't see any different pattern whatsoever.

fixes? people with the same problem?

Last edited by Norrin; Dec 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
Norrin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:24 AM   #4
Norrin
macrumors newbie

this must be related to mission control

I just noticed that when cmd+tab goes to a window that was not the most recent one, it is switching to the desktop of that window that isn't the most recent one, but the window that has focus is the most recent window.

from the previous example, desktop 2 has the most recent safari window, you're in terminal on desktop 1, and you cmd+tab but it goes to desktop 3 instead of desktop 2. But the window on desktop 2 has focus. You cmd+t to get a new tab, and the tab opens on desktop 2 not desktop 3.

This seems to always be the case when mission control switches to a desktop that has a window for that app that isn't the most recently used window. The most recently used window still has focus....

I swear Mission Control tried its very best to destroy everything good about OS X.
Norrin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:28 AM   #5
G0meZ
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin View Post
I swear Mission Control tried its very best to destroy everything good about OS X.
agreed. ******* lion
never tried mtn lion...any idea if they by now fixed those f***ups?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:04 AM   #6
G0meZ
macrumors regular

update: upgraded to mtnlion and problems seems to be gone...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion