Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:11 AM   #1
mrholder
macrumors regular

Getting started with ATV

I may be getting an ATV for Christmas, and need just a little info to get started.

If I rip blu rays with a Macbook Pro and and external blu ray drive, what software will I need to fill in the metadata for movies and shows?

Will the metadata remain intact if the movie files are moved out of itunes and stored on an external drive until I want to watch them again later? Right now my itunes library is stored on the Macbook Pro, and I don't have room to store many movies on the internal hard drive.

Sorry for the newbie questions.
mrholder is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater