Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Just a thought, if you are still having problems after the update you may want to go to settings and remove your current wifi settings I think it's called forget this network. Then re enter your wifi settings again like new.

I'm not having any problems but was thinking could this help?

hbmex

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2009
Huntington Beach
I'll try that, but my cellular network has been disabled as well. I still show having a cell signal, but when I try to connect to the internet it says I'm not subscribed to a cellular data plan. Very frustrating.

whoareyouanyway

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
replacement

I called Apple yesterday re a week wifi signal they told me to do a factory reset which I had already tried, so the Apple rep organized a replacement which is now 'in transit' . I was receiving a very poor wifi signal (one bar) when I was right beside router and wifi cut out completely when I left the room. After this update Wifi has slightly improved getting full reception in the room and a week one upstairs (same as iPad). My iPhone 5 still has a poor batt life and wifi seems to still be hit and miss so still going to switch to the replacement. Did anyone have poor wifi signal that was resolved by this update? wondering why sales rep didnt tell me that an update was on the way and if that didnt solve it then organise a replacement.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
Love the new iOS 6.0.2. Had random wifi issues. Now all going well. At least safari and other apps. But at times the app downloads are still really slow.

Over all really happy with iOS 6.0.2.

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
India
I called Apple yesterday re a week wifi signal they told me to do a factory reset which I had already tried, so the Apple rep organized a replacement which is now 'in transit' . I was receiving a very poor wifi signal (one bar) when I was right beside router and wifi cut out completely when I left the room. After this update Wifi has slightly improved getting full reception in the room and a week one upstairs (same as iPad). My iPhone 5 still has a poor batt life and wifi seems to still be hit and miss so still going to switch to the replacement. Did anyone have poor wifi signal that was resolved by this update? wondering why sales rep didnt tell me that an update was on the way and if that didnt solve it then organise a replacement.

For me yes but I still feel my iPhone 4S is much better in receiving wifi signal.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Since iOS 6 I've had horrible wifi problems on my third gen iPad. A lot of times it won't even connect or when it says it's connected everything loads slowly in Safari, or it doesn't load at all. I almost always stay connected to LTE because otherwise I get no signal. I know this is the correct forum, but any ideas if there is a fix for this, or am I the only one having this problem?

julescilib

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2012
Canada
Got it llast night over wifi. went smooth.

Was shopping for a new router though, my Linksys e1000 is down.
What do you gys think about this one? Part of Linksys' new 'Smart Routers'...
Linksys Dual-Band Wireless N Router (EA3500-CA)
http://goo.gl/HrVPa

steve119

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2012
Scotland, land of the haggis
IMG_1442.PNG

There is something awesome about deploying an OTA update to fix a wi-fi problem. Just sayin'.

You can plug your I device into iTunes and download and install.just saying:rolleyes:

RealSkyDiver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Finally an apple update that actually fixes things! I was wondering why my iPhone wifi was so much slower than on my iPad. Now it works great.

Tsmith205

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
wifi over cellular working for me since update

Any one else able to use facetime over cellular since this update. I still have att unlimited data and ever since i updated when i go to facetime in settings the cellular option is on and i tested it today and had a 10 minute facetime call over 3g

Last edited:

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Any one else able to use facetime over cellular since this update. I still have att unlimited data and ever since i updated when i go to facetime in settings the cellular option is on and i tested it today and had a 10 minute facetime call over 3g

My facetime over cellular was enabled after the update but I was unable to complete a facetime call over cellular. Rebooted the phone and the facetime over cellular option was disabled and I couldn't enable it without changing my data plan.

Tsmith205

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
My facetime over cellular was enabled after the update but I was unable to complete a facetime call over cellular. Rebooted the phone and the facetime over cellular option was disabled and I couldn't enable it without changing my data plan.

i was able to complete a facetime call over cellular and it worked pretty good over 3g, i was on for around 10 minutes. Im afraid to reboot my phone cause its still working.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
i was able to complete a facetime call over cellular and it worked pretty good over 3g, i was on for around 10 minutes. Im afraid to reboot my phone cause its still working.

You'll have to reboot eventually, but hold off as long as you can. I figured I might as well try a reboot since facetime wasn't working over cellular anyway, but I was a little disappointed when it came back on and the option was disabled again. Oh well.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
This has fixed it for me and the WIFI seems to be stronger and it doesn't go off when the screen is locked. :)

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
I'd take it to an Apple store - that's a defect. I had this issue on my Android phones when I'd connect a crappy charger to it - the touch screen was completely unusable. Bring your charger and iPhone into Apple store and I'm sure they'll either replace the charger or the phone. Interesting!

I was going to - but after all the hype over the black model scratching and all that, I wasn't going to give mine up (it was perfect... it's still pretty good today).

But like you said, it might be the charger. I also noticed that the end of my usb is frayed after 2 months of normal usage. Trust me, I take good care of my things... this shouldn't be happening after 2 months.

imagedsv.jpg

dheem2

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
I have an Edimax Wifi Router (dual Band): BR-6475ND

On iOS 6.0.1 my iPhone couldn't detect any networks, whilst my iPad Mini could detect both bands (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks). Then I went closer to the router (previously I was on 2nd storey). Even then my iP5 wouldn't detect any networks.

After 6.0.2 upgrade, my iP5 still can't detect any networks while i'm working on 2nd storey. (Note: no change on my iPad Mini, the wifi works just fine). And I descended to get closer to the router. At 2 meters away from the router, BAMM then my iP5 could detect the networks (both bands).

Is it just me, or there are others who experience that iPad Mini's wifi connection is much better than iP5's?

Sebby

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
London, UK
I thought 6.0.2 had sorted my issues, but last night I had the same thing where the wi-fi was connected but there was no throughput. I reset network settings - perhaps this is a necessary step - and will see how it goes. I have to say this is the biggest iPhone annoyance/issue I've ever experienced.

brucebrendon

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2007
UK
i'd put the crappiness down to the RAM or cache, as kept having to reboot for safari and twitter. hopefully this was the real problem as was gonna take it back to the shop.

build quality on my mini seems pretty low too, home button particularly – coulda/shoulda/woulda waited for 2gen, but got study that's not gonna read it's self.

wonder why the buttons on iPad/Phone are on oposite sides...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.