Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amad3U5

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Sydney
I've had my iPod Touch 5 for about two weeks now. When I first got it, the screen was very smooth to the touch, and very finger print resistant. But now the screen's surface is very friction-ny (is that even a word?), and finger prints show up really easily :mad:. How can change this?

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
do you have on a screen protector?

If so, remove it. If not, buy a microfiber cloth to clean it once in awhile. I dont know about the new touch screen coating but my Ipad 2 screen is naked and fingerprint is removed very easy. Maybe due to the oleophobic coating.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Touch screens usually respond best to completely dry and moisture-less hands. I don't think it has anything to do with the length of time that you've owned the device.

Christoffee

Contributor
Jul 26, 2012
UK
New screens always feel so good. I just took my 4S in for replacement (broken home button) and the new screen felt awesome.

I think you have to be careful cleaning the screen because of the coating. Maybe a bit of window cleaner?? Maybe that's a little harsh. I think Apple recommend a dry cloth. Google the care instructions, but I doubt you'll be that new screen feel back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.