Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weesy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
so i went into the store about a month ago, and bought my iphone 5, i love it. and i went in thinking i wanted black and walked out with white. something about how clean and nice it looked sold me. but i'm starting to regret it, i shouldve gotten the black one. aside from putting a black skin on the phone does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
so i went into the store about a month ago, and bought my iphone 5, i love it. and i went in thinking i wanted black and walked out with white. something about how clean and nice it looked sold me. but i'm starting to regret it, i shouldve gotten the black one. aside from putting a black skin on the phone does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this?
Try to stop caring.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
First world problem...seriously, does it really matter? I was on the fence about the color too, but I like both. I went with white because I like the screen bordered with white. Just try some different cases. In the end, the color of your phone does not affect its quality or usability. I'd say get over it.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Sharpie-38281-Marker.jpg

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Just remind yourself of how badly the slightest of damage will look on the black one, and the fact that the look of it will be ruined after a drop onto anything rough.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Trade it with someone who has a black one but thinks they should have gotten a white one. The black ones are chipping a bit on their coloring (I know mine is) and I'm sure there are a lot of owners who wish they got the white one for that reason.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Trade it with someone who has a black one but thinks they should have gotten a white one. The black ones are chipping a bit on their coloring (I know mine is) and I'm sure there are a lot of owners who wish they got the white one for that reason.

Yeah, I mean, joking aside, isn't it pretty obvious? Your phone is out of the return period, so you can:

Swap it with someone (see above)
Sell it, buy a black one

or do something like some skins, that basically change the face color up, here's a good option:

http://www.icarbons.com/collections/iphone-5

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Personally, I like the white one better this year. I agree you should try to set up a trade. There are likely a lot of people who wish they got the white.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Check Amazon for the Tech Armour matte finish black iPhone 5 snap case. It does a nice job covering most the back and sides of phone in a black finish that should make your phone seem more black, lol. On the positive side, it is only 5.98 shipped!

ArtfulDodger718

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
Atlanta

Trust me, you made the best decision. I got the black one on release date about 2 weeks later, the chipping commenced. I SHOULD have gotten the white version. But I had the white 4 and wanted to get the black one so bad...so much for that.

weesy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
i posted on here not needing some people to point out the obvious responses to stop caring, that clearly helped. i was looking to see if anyone had any experience with color swapping and if that was even available for the 5 yet. or if there was a skin that was a complete wrap, or a website besides craiglist where i could post for potential trades.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
thanks, that was clearly very helpful.

So what, we should help you switch it (which you can't) to have you come back in a month complaining how you should have kept the white? I honestly don't understand people these days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.