Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:14 PM   #1
tonyy
macrumors 6502a

iPhone 5 screen still flickering

Didn't get any response in the huge thread regarding this.

Does anyone's screen still flicker even after the update that was supposed to fix it?

Mine does it whenever. Home screen, surfing, anything. It's intermittent and has been happening more so recently.

It's the bottom half getting fuzzy and the top remaining normal.
tonyy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:17 PM   #2
mpayne2k
macrumors 6502a

Have an Apple store nearby? Just take it in, replicate your issue to a Genius and they'll get you a replacement on the spot. They are generally very good about doing replacements.

And I have not noticed any flickering on my screen, so you shouldn't have to either.
mpayne2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:48 PM   #3
tonyy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpayne2k View Post
Have an Apple store nearby? Just take it in, replicate your issue to a Genius and they'll get you a replacement on the spot. They are generally very good about doing replacements.

And I have not noticed any flickering on my screen, so you shouldn't have to either.
I have one about 15 min away from me. I just made an appointment with a Genuis but I can't seem to replicate the issue.

It happens randomly and there's no specific function I do that makes the screen glitch.

I don't want to show up later and have the screen be fine when they take a look at it.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:06 PM   #4
mpayne2k
macrumors 6502a

I randomly had battery issues with my first iphone 5 and couldn't necesarily replicate it to the Genius. They did see my crash logs and thats it...to get my phone replaced. It doesn't hurt to talk to them. They mostly take your side and word on the issue. Believe me, its their philosophy to keep you happy in store, so you should have no problems.
mpayne2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:20 PM   #5
tonyy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpayne2k View Post
I randomly had battery issues with my first iphone 5 and couldn't necesarily replicate it to the Genius. They did see my crash logs and thats it...to get my phone replaced. It doesn't hurt to talk to them. They mostly take your side and word on the issue. Believe me, its their philosophy to keep you happy in store, so you should have no problems.
Great thanks. I took pictures and recorded a short video of it on another phone. Hopefully that will do if the screen is acting normal at the store.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone