Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

will waters

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
Great Britain
Ok

I have a 13", 1.8ghz with 8GB ram

I am looking at getting a good setup for my MBA, I would like 2 monitors (on the cheaper scale), I know the HD4000 cam only handle 2 displays though.... How can i/is it possible to connect 2 monitors to the MBA? Has anyone got a setup like this?

Also, can anyone suggest any good DVD drives around? Although the apple one is good i am not prepared to spend the money on one....

I hoep you can help

Will

micrors4racer

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
The MBA supports 2 displays with 2 thunderbolt monitors (with the laptop display off) or any external and the internal display.

To run 2 standard external displays (hdmi, dvi, via) you would need a usb display output which has a slight delay (might be fixed with usb 3.0 models) but its perfectly fine for desktop work. The delay would make the display connected to the usb video out not useful for video or gaming but good enough for normal dual monitor usage.

sugardrum

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
I got the following DVD writer for my MBA:

Samsung SE-208AB/TSBS 8 x DVD+/-RW Slim Portable External DVD Writer

Works fine for the rare occasions I need to use one and only £20 ish from amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.