Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braddicted2mac

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Canada
Its interesting how some people ordered theirs after me and are receiving the prepare for shipment line.. I ordered mine at noon on the 30th. Im based in Canada and I maxed everything out BTO.

Arg im getting impatient and today is my birthday was hoping for a miracle !! lol

ohh well guess I'll just go have a crown and coke !! yummy

----------

Well I just wrote this and then went and checked, Guess what I have found, I Birthday surprise Preparing for Shipment !!!! WHOOOOO

Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me !!

Well it has shipped be here Dec 27th Wow expected was Jan3-8 Excited to have it this early probably will be delayed another day to the 28th but its coming !!!

LogicPro

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
Its interesting how some people ordered theirs after me and are receiving the prepare for shipment line.. I ordered mine at noon on the 30th. Im based in Canada and I maxed everything out BTO.

Arg im getting impatient and today is my birthday was hoping for a miracle !! lol

ohh well guess I'll just go have a crown and coke !! yummy

----------

Well I just wrote this and then went and checked, Guess what I have found, I Birthday surprise Preparing for Shipment !!!! WHOOOOO

Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me !!

Happy birthday!

Kadath

macrumors regular
May 28, 2006
Mine just hit Kentucky. Still shows Monday delivery, hoping against hope that they can get it to me tomorrow or friday tho!

----------

Nothing Yet!!! (California)

Man, if a Beach Boy can't get any pull with Apple what chance do the rest of us have???

flifish

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2012
Wyoming, USA
it arrived

My 3T Fusion 27in tripped out imac preloaded with pages ordered 11AM MTN time on Nov 30th was originally scheduled for delivery dec 28 - jan 3 or something like that. Then i upgraded to express delivery which bumped it up 3 days. When apple changed from processing the order to preparing for shipment Apple estimated a Dec 20 delivery. Fedex, once the tracking number was established, estimated the delivery date for today Dec 19th. It was a big surprised to wake up yesterday to find it was on the truck for delivery a day early. It was easy to unpack was in pristine condition and i'm loving it. The only little thing is, i'm not an audiophile by any means, but when playing music it sounds like it's coming from a tin can. I guess it is a giant tin can so to speak but didn't want the tunes to sound that way. If you are into playing your tunes on an iMac you may want to start looking for some 3rd party speakers. Overall a sweet machine! Hope you guys are unpacking yours as well. Merry Christmas.

jigsb007

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2010
My 3T Fusion 27in tripped out imac preloaded with pages ordered 11AM MTN time on Nov 30th was originally scheduled for delivery dec 28 - jan 3 or something like that. Then i upgraded to express delivery which bumped it up 3 days. When apple changed from processing the order to preparing for shipment Apple estimated a Dec 20 delivery. Fedex, once the tracking number was established, estimated the delivery date for today Dec 19th. It was a big surprised to wake up yesterday to find it was on the truck for delivery a day early. It was easy to unpack was in pristine condition and i'm loving it. The only little thing is, i'm not an audiophile by any means, but when playing music it sounds like it's coming from a tin can. I guess it is a giant tin can so to speak but didn't want the tunes to sound that way. If you are into playing your tunes on an iMac you may want to start looking for some 3rd party speakers. Overall a sweet machine! Hope you guys are unpacking yours as well. Merry Christmas.

That means, Apple is still taking care of 30th Nov. orders. has anyone recived with maxout 3TBF , ordered after 30th Nov ?? just curious...

mine is sitll Processing with Cancle button..and i have Express overnight b4 noon shipping, but it still shows Dec.31 - jan 7...

C62008

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2008
My original date was Jan 8. Ordered maxed BTO around noon on the 30th. It landed in Anchorage last night and should be delivered in Alberta tomorrow, Dec 20th.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
The only little thing is, i'm not an audiophile by any means, but when playing music it sounds like it's coming from a tin can...If you are into playing your tunes on an iMac you may want to start looking for some 3rd party speakers.

Very concerned by this as the reviews said positive things about the speakers...are you certain your machine is not damaged in some way or need setup?

Kadath

macrumors regular
May 28, 2006
What was your original order date and delivery window?

Ordered around 3PM EST on the first day, was in the first batch of folks to get the second set of delivery dates I guess. My Order page always showed December 31-Jan 7.

Updated date was Dec 26th once it went from Processing to Shipped.

UPS changed from the 26th to the 24th, which is what it still shows.

It left Louisville 45 minutes ago, I've still got crossed fingers that I might see it tomorrow, hoping that I could at least go pick it up at the local UPS spot on Friday afternoon at worst, since I leave for NJ late friday.... Otherwise I'm gonna have to have them hold it at UPS till the 27th...

Edit:
27" high end i7, 3tb fusion, 16GB, 680 MX.

jigsb007

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2010
Ordered around 3PM EST on the first day, was in the first batch of folks to get the second set of delivery dates I guess. My Order page always showed December 31-Jan 7.

Updated date was Dec 26th once it went from Processing to Shipped.

UPS changed from the 26th to the 24th, which is what it still shows.

It left Louisville 45 minutes ago, I've still got crossed fingers that I might see it tomorrow, hoping that I could at least go pick it up at the local UPS spot on Friday afternoon at worst, since I leave for NJ late friday.... Otherwise I'm gonna have to have them hold it at UPS till the 27th...

Edit:
27" high end i7, 3tb fusion, 16GB, 680 MX.

Lucky U !!!:cool:
Enjoy ..!

I guess i will have to wait...till the end of Month !

Ambulater

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
It's finally on its way!

It's coming! It's coming! Just shipped today via UPS with arrival date listed as Christmas Eve.

I5 3.2, 8GB RAM, 1TB Fusion, 680MX, Trackpad. Ordered 8pm Nov. 30 with projected delivery date given as Dec. 31 - Jan. 7. Looks like Apple's going to beat their projection by 1-2 weeks. It's going to be a very merry Christmas indeed!

Kadath

macrumors regular
May 28, 2006
Lucky U !!!:cool:
Enjoy ..!

I guess i will have to wait...till the end of Month !

Don't give up hope, I just got this:

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Thursday, 12/20/2012, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Monday, 12/24/2012, By End of Day

So that's 11 days earlier than first estimated!

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Still preparing for shipment, nearly 2 full days to put a box inside another box.

Is that standard time, or am I unlucky again?

rainbowsofwhite

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
Prepared for Shipment at last! Ordered 1 Dec.

This is a re-post for everyone following this thread!

Ordered on 1 Dec (Australia) and woke up this morning to "Prepared for Shipment" at last!

View attachment 384610

Thank goodness I don't have to look at the dreaded "Processing" anymore..I was going insane.
This is the fun part now! :D

braddicted2mac

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Canada

i bought the bose companion 20 .. Great mid range sound Much superior to the Companion 2. I love the sound !! a good buy if it goes on discount of christmas !

Photography

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
have you called apple?

Yes, but they can't speed up the delivery date any.

At this point, I'm tired of tracking my order. It's gotten old seeing the processing status for over 3 weeks now, and I'm no longer enjoying the process of anticipating my order changing to preparing for shipment. I just want it to change now. It's gotten old and annoying at this point.

Ambulater

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
Still preparing for shipment, nearly 2 full days to put a box inside another box.

Is that standard time, or am I unlucky again?

Not sure if you were talking to me or not, but if so: I ordered on Nov. 30 at 8pm in the evening pacific time (which would be Dec. 1 at 4am GMT), 16 hours after pre-orders went live.

RyanDe680

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
Yes, but they can't speed up the delivery date any.

At this point, I'm tired of tracking my order. It's gotten old seeing the processing status for over 3 weeks now, and I'm no longer enjoying the process of anticipating my order changing to preparing for shipment. I just want it to change now. It's gotten old and annoying at this point.

I was just thinking the same. Where are you located? I'm outside Chicago.

I've only refreshed 15 times tonight, down from the 25 during the day. Ugh. I'm a tool.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
I was just thinking the same. Where are you located? I'm outside Chicago.

I've only refreshed 15 times tonight, down from the 25 during the day. Ugh. I'm a tool.

No worries, I'm obsessing over my iMac too. I'm in the Dallas area.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.