Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Judas1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
The white one is a better buy. When its time to upgrade, you can sell for a better price because it'll look like its in better condition. So just stick with it if you can.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
I believe you have 30 days to return, so if you are short of that return it. As long as you bought it from an Apple Store

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
Go into the Apple Store and throw a hissy fit about wanting to swap your white one for a black. If that doesn't work, try Craigslist as others have already stated.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Borrow someone's Golden Retriever and go into an Apple store. Claim you are blind and lonely. State that you had your first visitor in 3 months and you showed them your black iPhone and was STUNNED to hear you had been duped and actually had a white one.

Claim discrimination and all that.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Where is the 'draw' button?

Sharpie-38281-Marker.jpg

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Borrow someone's Golden Retriever and go into an Apple store. Claim you are blind and lonely. State that you had your first visitor in 3 months and you showed them your black iPhone and was STUNNED to hear you had been duped and actually had a white one.

Claim discrimination and all that.

Now this is thinking outside the box! :D

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
so i went into the store about a month ago, and bought my iphone 5, i love it. and i went in thinking i wanted black and walked out with white. something about how clean and nice it looked sold me. but i'm starting to regret it, i shouldve gotten the black one. aside from putting a black skin on the phone does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Trade someone you know in person for their black one (assuming it's still in good condition).

That's the thing that I've experienced with Apple products personally -- whenever you come in store with a certain color or product or model or capacity in mind, but walk out with something else due to impulse, at first, or in store they look very appealing, clean, and elegant and you ultimately feel satisfied with your purchase... but after a couple days you really begin to have regret. I always stick to my initial choice before and after buying anything.

If I've been anticipating a new product and have only considered getting it in one color for a while (prior to purchase), even if I feel strongly about changing my mind last minute at the store, I stick with what I originally planned -- I never end up regretting my purchase that way.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Imagine the storm of negativity from those that purchased the iPhone 5 white or black when the iPhone 5s comes out in white, black, blue, green, pink, purple, red and puke yellow!!!! heheeh j/k

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I think they should. Also the 5th gen iPad should do the same and the Retina iPad Mini. I mean why not? Why does certain devices have to be black and white only?

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Just convince yourself that white looks nicer. I have a black iPhone but maybe next time I'll get white. :eek:

2012-09-13-10-52-15-2-.jpeg

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
so i went into the store about a month ago, and bought my iphone 5, i love it. and i went in thinking i wanted black and walked out with white. something about how clean and nice it looked sold me. but i'm starting to regret it, i shouldve gotten the black one. aside from putting a black skin on the phone does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Putting a skin on it is the absolute only way you can think to remedy your situation? Wow..... You can't think of ANY other way? So much for the ability to critically think.

Sell your white one, buy a black one.

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Also, the Lifeproof case coveres the whole front and would essentially make your white iPhone look like a black one.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
I went into the car dealership wanting a black car, but drove off with a white car.

Now I'm regretting it. What should I do?

krnboy503

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
i posted on here not needing some people to point out the obvious responses to stop caring, that clearly helped. i was looking to see if anyone had any experience with color swapping and if that was even available for the 5 yet. or if there was a skin that was a complete wrap, or a website besides craiglist where i could post for potential trades.

you dont have to make a thread about this. search the forums

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.