Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:32 PM   #1
SnowLeopard2008
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to SnowLeopard2008
Microsoft's Media Center offer site doesn't work

I have Windows 8 Pro and I was trying to get my product key for the Media Center add-on. Every time I put my email into their site, it says "We couldn't process your order". Is the site broken?

This is the link I used:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w.../feature-packs
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:37 PM   #2
-Concept-
macrumors member

Maybe they're implementing a fix for the method people used to pirate multiple copies of Windows 8 Professional, Build 9200. I, however, did this only two days ago and received my product key in around 10 hours. Make sure your code is correct for the anti spam check and maybe try a different email.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:56 PM   #3
SnowLeopard2008
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to SnowLeopard2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Concept- View Post
Maybe they're implementing a fix for the method people used to pirate multiple copies of Windows 8 Professional, Build 9200. I, however, did this only two days ago and received my product key in around 10 hours. Make sure your code is correct for the anti spam check and maybe try a different email.
I heard about that. I don't think they will send me a product key, it says "We couldn't process your order" whenever I enter my email and the characters for the anti spam check. I tried the Windows Live account email I used when setting up Windows 8 (@live.com one) and my iCloud email. Neither work.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:07 PM   #4
-Concept-
macrumors member

Am I permitted to just sign up for it on another email and forward it to you? I wouldn't call it piracy, seeing as its free, and it worked for me.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:30 PM   #5
charlien
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Concept- View Post
Am I permitted to just sign up for it on another email and forward it to you? I wouldn't call it piracy, seeing as its free, and it worked for me.
You get the same code tied to your email and it can only be used once.
charlien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:31 PM   #6
-Concept-
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlien View Post
You get the same code tied to your email and it can only be used once.
Never said I only had one email.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac