Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sara1027

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
New York
DoDo case:
DODOcase for iPad 2 is designed to fold back to be used as a stand
dodo_case.jpg

Apple smart cover:
It automatically wakes and sleeps your iPad. It’s a handy stand for reading, watching, and typing.
ipad_mini_smartcover_blue_on_white.jpg

Zagg folio:
complete with a removable Bluetooth keyboard and a built-in stand system, ideal for on-the-go use.
Zagg-folio-main.jpg

Griffin survivor
Survivor is built on a shatter-resistant polycarbonate frame clad in rugged, shock absorbing silicone
9274-griffin-survivor-ipad-pink_1-gallery.jpg

Otterbox reflex:
The OtterBox Reflex Series for iPad 2 offers front and back device coverage in a sleek package
otterbox_reflex_series_ipad_2_case_5.jpg

Kayscase:
free-standing and kid-friendly case for iPad 2 and 3/new iPad.
509c817a41e3d.jpg

Speck iGuy
the free-standing foam case for the new iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad original

iguyfamily001.1.jpg

M-edge supershell
The squishy foam material wraps around the edges of your iPad for a secure fit while the dimpled texture and ridges allow for better grip.
PD3-SH1-N-GRP--main-med.jpg

Clumsy case
Clumsy case was designed for kids, as well as for the kid in all of us. It's fun, friendly, protective and functional with a durable soft foam construction thats a cinch to clean.
clumsy_5_grande.jpg

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Kayscase:

We have the handled one, got it at xmas for the kids. Handle which doubles as a stand is great. But ours is called the frogz. Got it at radioshack.

However, prior to that I had this setup:

BSE - bestskinsever.com back protection.
Apple smart cover original - black leather.
STM jacket. - awesome carrying case which fit the iPad with smart cover.

And for better kitchen counter use and better FaceTime angling, we have the Brookstone X-stand. Most of the time it sat in that, but you could take it out very easily (not a tight fit) and then slap on the smart cover and throw it in the STM jacket for on the go.

However, once we gave it to the kids it hardly ever comes out of the frogz rubber case anymore, which is why I'm getting a Mini this weekend.

OldLadywithiPod

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2008
Chosing an iPad was easier by far than chosing a case for it. I find that I'm Goldilocks with the bowls of porridge: "This case is too heavy, this case doesn't fit right, this case is too flimsy, too expensive, good for travel only, good around the house only, etc."

So far I've returned two cases to their stores and am still on the lookout for the perfect case for my mini. Might have to design my own! :)

astoxos

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
I own a few cases. What works best for me is Twelvesouth Bookbook V2. A bit pricy though.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
My favorite is my oberon celtic pattern for ipad 2. I added magnets to it and it acts now acts like a smart cover. My second choice is the Sena Florence case.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Incase neoprene sleeve is my primary choice. Mostly because I like a naked iPad in my hands. I also use a smart cover for it's abilities as a stand. Those two have me covered I guess. Though I would like to have a TPU case on hand too. I might pick up the ZooGue Social Case. I have one on my Galaxy S3 and it's fantastic.

kchkwan

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2011
Personally, im using the elementcase soft tec atm for my ipad mini, i love it, btr than the apple smart covers and replica cases out there, very solid feel. I also love the material they use, it feels like my prada wallets.

johngkm

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
I got an ipad and I was given the screen protector and ipad cover for free. So I dont have any idea of which is better option for ipad.

astoxos

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
That is the case I have ordered for my iPad mini; their products look attractive and well made, with a craftsman's attention to detail.

It is a love it or hate it case. Since you have ordered it i am sure you already love it.
Before i get this case, i was buying 1 case/month. After I got bookbook i stopped this bad habbit.

SirAwesome

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2013
Stockport, UK
Vote iPad best ipad case

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this isn't active/relevant anymore, but I recently bought a cool iPad case and thought i'd share it with my fellow Apple brothers and sisters!

I just purchased an iPad case from a British brand called BUKcase. There website is - http://www.BUKcase.co.uk

The design (of the case) is slightly similar to other products on the market, but the build quality and feel of the product is far more superior. I've owned several cases like DODO, P&Q and none of them felt solid as this. They also have a unique locking system called the 'tommy lock' that holds your iPad really securely but if I want to remove it, its really easy to! I had a problem with another case (wont say their name) but once it was in, I couldnt get it back out.

And best of all, I got a cool little plastic moustache with the case!

I hope that helps and If you got any design questions fire away! I'm a product designer and delighted to be a part of this community.

Have a great day!

:D

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I love the Book Book from Twelve South. I have one for my MacBook Pro, one for my iPhone, and one for my iPad 4.

Classy products, from a classy company. BookBook from TwelveSouth is what I use for my iPad case.

And, for what it is worth, I have this community to thank for bringing the company and their products to my attention. It was a chance reference on a thread on this forum which made me aware of the company, so naturally, I googled them, and have since bought from them.

caringdaddy

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2014
Best Ipad case for kids

I recently bought a plush ipad case for my kid, that can stand
on flat surface or hold any angle on lap, and with hand free! Best IPAD case I've ever seen, called PADPOUCH...check it out

http://www.amazon.com/Padpouch-Embe...=UTF8&qid=1396211302&sr=8-1&keywords=padpouch

:eek::eek::eek:

DoDo case:
DODOcase for iPad 2 is designed to fold back to be used as a stand

Apple smart cover:
It automatically wakes and sleeps your iPad. It’s a handy stand for reading, watching, and typing. Image

Zagg folio:
complete with a removable Bluetooth keyboard and a built-in stand system, ideal for on-the-go use.

Griffin survivor
Survivor is built on a shatter-resistant polycarbonate frame clad in rugged, shock absorbing silicone

Otterbox reflex:
The OtterBox Reflex Series for iPad 2 offers front and back device coverage in a sleek package

Kayscase:

Speck iGuy
the free-standing foam case for the new iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad original

M-edge supershell
The squishy foam material wraps around the edges of your iPad for a secure fit while the dimpled texture and ridges allow for better grip.

Clumsy case
Clumsy case was designed for kids, as well as for the kid in all of us. It's fun, friendly, protective and functional with a durable soft foam construction thats a cinch to clean.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.