Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ravenswordshadowlands.jpg
Crescent Moon Games' much anticipated RPG, Ravensword: Shadowlands was released tonight, after years of development. Shadowlands is the followup to the original 2009 Ravensword game and it features the same open-world gameplay of the first title.

Ravensword: Shadowlands is an exciting iOS release because of the enormity of the game world, the impressive scenery, and the immersive gameplay. Our sister site TouchArcade has posted a review of the app:
Just as the original Ravensword made its mark for bringing a sought-after genre to iOS, Shadowlands demonstrates just how far the genre has come on the platform, making it one of the most ambitious and enjoyable RPGs of the year.

It sounds cliched, but it's hard to believe I'm playing a game of this caliber on iOS. All too often we see games that sacrifice gameplay depth for visuals or vice versa. Other than a few minor glitches, Ravensword: Shadowlands is the real deal, and is an excellent open-world RPG with a decent story, ample content, deep character customization and beautiful visuals.
ravensword-500x281.jpg
The game comes with an extensive list of highlights, including ragdoll physics, Game Center integration, iCloud support, original soundtrack, and reflex-based combat.

Ravensword: Shadowlands is a universal app and it can be downloaded from Apple's App Store for $6.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Massive Open-World RPG 'Ravensword: Shadowlands' Hits the App Store

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Any idea on whether this is like a sequel story-wise to the previous one? Or can I dive straight in and not worry about references to the previous game?

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I'm getting the most bizarre spam from this company. No idea how I got on their mailing list in the first place, but they have it set up so that everyone who replies is to them to be removed from their junk list (per the instructions in the original email) is getting sent to their entire mailing list.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
I'm getting the most bizarre spam from this company. No idea how I got on their mailing list in the first place, but they have it set up so that everyone who replies is to them to be removed from their junk list (per the instructions in the original email) is getting sent to their entire mailing list.

Same here.

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
It's a shame that iOS games can't also be played on a Mac computer. I'd rather play RPGs with a large monitor and a keyboard/mouse at my disposal. Seeing as I don't have an iPad, I can't imagine trying to play this for any length of time on my iPod Touch. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.