Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:46 AM   #1
washburn
macrumors 6502

Does anyone else wish the iPad mini doesn't get Retina too soon?

don't get me wrong, I love retina its stunning but retina devices don't do what is mostly on the web well, lets face it 99% of the web is not retina optimised, images, videos look blurry…its like trying to watch 720p on a 1080p TV and the percentage of people with retina equipped devices is hardly any, and what could happen is a lot of people won't bother switching the same way they didn't switch from DVD to blu-ray...

so why are you people so bent on getting retina iPad mini?

having used the current iPad mini I love the screen, sharp and displaying 1 to 1 pixel ratio correctly, so I think the next refresh would be better if they made it more powerful/slimmer or whatever and improved but kept the same screen which is already awesome and not get retina straight way, what do you think?

this article said it well
http://www.extremetech.com/electroni...ll-good-enough

"It’s clear that Retina displays are headed for all of Apple’s products, but this transitional period still needs non-Retina screens around."
washburn is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad