Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Took my first street shot today. I felt really self conscious but i'm reasonably pleased with it.

Attachments

• On-the-Ground.jpg
    On-the-Ground.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 110

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Turning the ripe old age of 21 today I decided to post a photo that I took but also contains me!

Not looking for so much feedback on this one as obviously could do with a change of model!

Selfie by acearchie, on Flickr

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Enjoyed a great opportunity to be court side during a pre game warm-up last weekend...Toronto Raptors vs Houston Rockets (NBA pro basketball). :)

Jose Calderon - Guard

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Lots of great photos here as usual! Sadly I haven't had time to get out and use my gear much lately but this forum is a great fix between shooting opportunities.

Last weekend I managed to visit one of my favourite hotels at this time of year...

p1342403552-4.jpg

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Got back to the library and this time up to the third floor. It was all very cloak and dagger, the key to the third level is kept in a safe by the Royal Geographical Society who keep their collection up there! :cool:

I think I finally have the killer shot.

MortlockFinal_zps199569a5.jpg

Last edited:

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
Got back to the library and this time up to the third floor. It was all very cloak and dagger, the key to the third level is kept in a safe by the Royal Geographical Society who keep their collection up there! :cool:

MortlockFinal_zps199569a5.jpg

I have to agree with you. Nicely done.

----------

Leaving soon for the holidays. Mine for today...

Right back at you! And a happy holiday season to all!

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland

Glasgow Science Centre by davidjearly, on Flickr

Do any of you guys use Flickr? I've just set up a new account there for my best work. Share your ID if you are on it.

----------

Great shot! I'd love to see an HDR rendition of this (I think this is a perfect subject, if it isn't applied too brutally).

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Great shot! I'd love to see an HDR rendition of this (I think this is a perfect subject, if it isn't applied too brutally).

Too late! This shot is a 7 shot composite melded in Photomatix Pro but keeping it neutral, then tweaked in Photoshop using various masks to take it a little darker in the shadows, add some contrast, selective brightening, selective sharpening and finally a little selective saturation.

From not knowing anything about masks a couple of weeks ago, to getting out this shot, I think I'm getting there... slowly! :rolleyes:

My shot is a reproduction of another photographers work for an assessment piece in my current course. I chose Candida Hofers shot of the Trinity College Library from her book on Libraries.

Trinity College Library Dublin.jpg

Mine is nowhere near as long as hers and doesn't feature the floor to ceiling bays, but it is the closest I could get given the constraints of living in my city. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.