Help! Messages on OSX... - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:59 AM   #1
kattjeveln
macrumors member

Help! Messages on OSX...

I noticed that I no longer are getting any imessages to my computer, and after checking the settings in OSX I can't find the "Send from phone number" option anymore, only e-mail addresses.

Was this option removed, or am I missing something?
kattjeveln is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:44 AM   #2
aarmstrong27
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattjeveln View Post
I noticed that I no longer are getting any imessages to my computer, and after checking the settings in OSX I can't find the "Send from phone number" option anymore, only e-mail addresses.

Was this option removed, or am I missing something?
You're not missing anything. Several users are having iMessage problems across all devices the last couple days. Try signing out and back in with your Apple ID and also check that you are signed in on your iPhone.
aarmstrong27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:14 AM   #3
kattjeveln
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarmstrong27 View Post
You're not missing anything. Several users are having iMessage problems across all devices the last couple days. Try signing out and back in with your Apple ID and also check that you are signed in on your iPhone.
Signing out and back in seems to have solved it, thanks armstrong!
kattjeveln is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:40 AM   #4
aarmstrong27
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattjeveln View Post
Signing out and back in seems to have solved it, thanks armstrong!
You're welcome.
aarmstrong27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:56 PM   #5
bedifferent
macrumors Demi-God

I've noticed on all my Mac's (12-Core Mac Pro, 2012 MacBook Air, 2012 Mac Mini HTPC), when I reboot and log in, Messages show old messages that have been deleted as blank. I have to continually delete 20-25 conversations each time. My iDevices work perfectly, yet it seems there is an issue with Apple's servers caching deleted messages from OS X. Bugger.
bedifferent is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion