Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:01 AM   #1
matamua
macrumors newbie

I'm in over my head. Please help with taking avchd and creating a dvd

I am usually reasonably capable with tech stuff, but this is eluding me. I've spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out how to create a dvd from avchd (.mts and m2ts) files while preserving some quality. I understand that the quality will not be HD, but the goal is to be able to play them in a standard DVD player.

I've tried using iMovie to export as an .mp4 and then burning it in iDVD but I get file sizes that were *much* larger than the original, and can only fit a fraction of what I should be able to on a standard dvd.

I've also tried using MacX video converter to go from .mts > .mov and .mp4 with SD resolution and video quality of 1400kbps (no idea where that ranks, I saw some things stating that dvd quality is 5mbps and reduced with bitrate compression from mpeg-2, though I have no idea what that means). The video quality is absolutely terrible.

I'm not expecting HD quality. I am expecting SD quality without lines running through the picture, without a/v dissociation. I feel like those are pretty low standards, but I have not been able to achieve them. I'm getting pretty frustrated.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas, tutorials or help.

----------

I have the adobe cs4 suite if that makes a difference.
matamua is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video