Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ikostas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
Hello to everyone!I'm new in the forum and i'm from Greece :)

I wanted to buy an ipod touch 5gen (product red) but it's not available in greece!So i got in contact with a good friend of mine in austria an she agreed to bought it for my from the local apple store but it's not available neither in apple stores!You can only buy it through apple online store!So far so good..

We made the order last friday (14/12) as a guest (because my friend doesn't have an apple ID) and she gave her info for the shipping and i gave my info for the billing (i use a prepaid card) except in billing adress which we put hers again because they don't accept greek addresses!We successfully place the order we got the order number and the order proceed in the ''Proccesing items'' step!From that time until today it's stuck in that step.Apple store gave me delivery time Dec 17-18 but the order it's stuck!I went to my local bank to see if there is any problem with the payment and they told me that my money are closed for the order and everything is ok as far as they concerned!

What sould i do?it's normal?i can't either cancel the order nor change it as a guest!is there an email address so i can get in contact with them?

Thank you and sorry for any language mistakes!

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I would wait a few more days before getting worried. I'm sure Apple is very busy around the holidays and the order has probably slipped a few days.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
ETA for package shipping is usually off by a day give or take. I'd wait a couple more days before worrying. If you're really that concerned, though, you should contact Apple and see if they're able to see what's going on.

ikostas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
Thank you for your replies...i appreciate it!

Today it's the fifth working day since i made the order and it's still in the same state...i think that's a little awkward...

is there any email i can use to contact them???it's a little difficult by phone because i don't speak german..

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
It depends on the company who is shipping the iPod. Some don't update there's for awhile.

And I can tell you, the Estimated Delivery time is always inaccurate. I ordered my iPad mini on December 12th, it said it'll get here on December 21st and it came on December 17th. (That was a lucky time however)

Do you know what company is shipping the iPod?

salas2324

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
My iPod came from kunshen (something like that) I got the product red 32gb and had it engraved. Estimated delivery date was the 19th. I got it the 18th. Shipped with FedEx. But I do live in Houston Texas.

ikostas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
It depends on the company who is shipping the iPod. Some don't update there's for awhile.

And I can tell you, the Estimated Delivery time is always inaccurate. I ordered my iPad mini on December 12th, it said it'll get here on December 21st and it came on December 17th. (That was a lucky time however)

Do you know what company is shipping the iPod?

I made the order in the austrian official online apple store..the order is still in process it's not shipped yet but my money in the prepaid card were closed for the order..that's the problem

edit:i made the order in the austrian apple store as i said but it's also available to see in the US apple store..strange things :/

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
It is a shame that Apple does not have an official online store in Greece. I don't think there is an email for the online store, but you can reach them at 133-622 within Australia, so your friend could call them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.