Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kipperkat

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
WGC, UK
Apple tracking now shows estimated delivery date 21 Dec with assigned carrier of UPS. :D Can't get tracking on UPS though yet. Currently they are saying:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

But crossing fingers for it being into their depot tonight and back out to me tomorrow. Finishing for Christmas with a half day tomorrow so will be able to get my hands on it sooner in the day than normal as long they don't deliver early evening.

tomwalsh77

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2012
Blackpool, UK
Apple tracking now shows estimated delivery date 21 Dec with assigned carrier of UPS. :D Can't get tracking on UPS though yet. Currently they are saying:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

But crossing fingers for it being into their depot tonight and back out to me tomorrow. Finishing for Christmas with a half day tomorrow so will be able to get my hands on it sooner in the day than normal as long they don't deliver early evening.

Hope mine arrives tomorrow too. :)

Rich28

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
21st also but it's still in Germany at 9pm. Unlikely to see it before Christmas if you ask me.

Hendric

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
Bayern, Germany
Preparing for Shipment!

Finally my 27" iMac is preparing for shipment! Any ideas on how long it will take to get this thing to Germany? Could it still be in 2012??

imagexxbr.jpg

ThePope13

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
Hi guys, I ordered my iMac on the 3rd and it's still processing (which isn't a surprise). However, I was wondering whether if I cancel the super drive I ordered with it people think I stand a better chance of getting it sooner?

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Hi guys, I ordered my iMac on the 3rd and it's still processing (which isn't a surprise). However, I was wondering whether if I cancel the super drive I ordered with it people think I stand a better chance of getting it sooner?

Probably not. It may even get pushed out. Not worth the risk.

Foggy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
London, UK
Ever think Apple chokes up supply on purpose to artificially increase demand?

Aye. Am more annoyed though as my mate ordered an hour after me, with some BTO options, and his is due to be delivered tomorrow.

Desperately want my new iMac before Christmas so I have an excuse to avoid sitting and talking to the inlaws.

nixuk

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
UK
UPS keep delaying it. After the aircraft issues in Korea or Kazakhstan, it is now stuck in Germany for 24 hours and not moving at all. It will not make all the way from there to our doorsteps in the UK within a few hours.

I'm proper pissed off by UPS as they will not make a Saturday delivery and I'll be away from Monday.

Grrrrr. I'm seriously doubting I'll get it on Friday now. Mine has to go to Newcastle/Gateshead then delivery to Northumberland. Its still in Korea after a brief trip to Kazhakstan. The depot is 35 miles away, may be having a little drive over the weekend!

Gelite55

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
UPS keep delaying it. After the aircraft issues in Korea or Kazakhstan, it is now stuck in Germany for 24 hours and not moving at all. It will not make all the way from there to our doorsteps in the UK within a few hours.

I'm proper pissed off by UPS as they will not make a Saturday delivery and I'll be away from Monday.

Not making excuses for UPS not fulfilling their projected time frame. But keep in mind this is the busiest time of the year for UPS.

nixuk

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
UK
UPS Tracking

What I have learnt tonight from a member of UPS customer support is, that tracking status "Arrival Scan" only means the shipment should have arrived at the given location, although the websites explains:

Arrival Scan: This scan is an electronic record indicating the shipment has been received at a UPS facility.​

It actually isn't true. Good luck, everybody!

I just hope Apple will use TNT again for my next order.

Attachments

• Pasted Image 20:12:2012 22:18-3.png
    Pasted Image 20:12:2012 22:18-3.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 80

deltrotter

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2004
Gocsan - mine just changed to this:

"Delivery scheduled by final carrier, see estimated delivery date"

Nothing on UPS though.

EDIT: NOW ON UPS!

Last edited:

gocsan

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2011
London UK
I used the Apple number in the 'Track by Reference' field.

Ah cheers for that! I can see on UPS that it says:

CarloUK

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2009
Bath UK
Pointless

Its useful if you guys put when you ordered it so we can see how long it took. Just saying its coming tomorrow and creaming your self dont really mean a lot :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.