Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
UK
I have two ATI 5770's that are stock Apple cards.

Both are from new Mac Pro's but they are both on different ROM revisions?!?!

One is on 113-C0160C-180

and the other 113-C0160C-155

How can I update the ROM? I doubt it matters much but for reasons of completeness and crossfire under Windows I'd like matching cards.

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
UK
Does anyone have any info on this? As said, I don't care if it's a tiny revision, i'd like matching cards.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Did you try CrossFire? If it works, then does it matter?

Seems like it's pretty much the same, but a small revision.

Also I'm sure there's a way to inject the ROM, but aren't you worried about the possible downsides of messing up the card ?

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
UK
Did you try CrossFire? If it works, then does it matter?

Seems like it's pretty much the same, but a small revision.

Also I'm sure there's a way to inject the ROM, but aren't you worried about the possible downsides of messing up the card ?

Crossfire has issues with the latest drivers, I have tried the older 10.XX version and it works to a degree. Now I know crossfire is not a sure thing on a Mac Pro but the revision not matching is something that I'd like to get sorted if anyone knows. Anyway of copying the ROM from the latest revision card in my machine and flashing it to the second card?

xcodeSyn

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
Anyway of copying the ROM from the latest revision card in my machine and flashing it to the second card?
The easiest way is to run ATI Winflash Utility under Windows. That's how I saved the original rom and later reflashed the EFI version to a Radeon 6870 card. Just click the save button to save the rom file, then load it and click program button to flash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.