Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:21 PM   #1
iMas70
macrumors 6502

Good Christmas For My Daughter - iPhone 5!

Santa will be bringing my 13 year old daughter a white iPhone 5. This will be her first iDevice and first real phone. She wanted an iPod. For the price of that, the phone is a better choice and it will do so much more! Looking forward to seeing her gifts Christmas Day!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:25 PM   #2
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

Did you check the phone to see if it is scuffed or nicked? There's been a lot of those.
SomeDudeAsking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:26 PM   #3
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMas70 View Post
Santa will be bringing my 13 year old daughter a white iPhone 5. This will be her first iDevice and first real phone. She wanted an iPod. For the price of that, the phone is a better choice and it will do so much more! Looking forward to seeing her gifts Christmas Day!
Your daughter's lucky to have such a thoughtful parent

Merry Christmas!
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 4.2.1
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:39 PM   #4
AFDoc
macrumors 68000

Cool..... Why exactly are you telling us?
AFDoc is offline   35 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:49 PM   #5
iMas70
macrumors 6502

That I am leading my daughter into the wonderful world of Apple products! . She's used my stuff once in awhile. Now I can thoroughly teach her on her own and maybe get her into some other products later. A lot of the local schools use Macs and some will be having the students use iPads instead of books.

Testing my luck with a sealed box. Hoping everything is good in there!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:53 PM   #6
mentaluproar
macrumors 65816

School adoption of iPad is amazing. I'm going back to college in the spring and they told me most books are GIVEN out in PDFs to students.

I still doubt I heard that right.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:55 PM   #7
internetguy
macrumors newbie

you know kids might try to steel her...
internetguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:01 AM   #8
AppleBoyFreak
macrumors 6502

I think she'll definitely appreciate it. I got my first iPhone back when I was 12. It was like 3 months after the iPhone 3GS was launched and that's the one I got. Only difference is that I actually had to save my money for mine lol. Intact I still save my money for every iPhone update.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:10 AM   #9
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Damn, kids grow up fast these days, when I was thirteen about 4 years ago in 2008 I was in my 8th grade year of middle school and I was still playing pokemon occasionally. someone stole my iPod touch and it was hard enough convincing my mom to get me an iPhone.I had a little red prepaid samsung phone for T-Mobile I think lmao even though my mom is on AT&T. I barely even used the phone, I didn't even know the number for it.
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:11 AM   #10
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMas70 View Post
Your daughter is 13.. Let's be realistic here, when I was 13, I had a pager.

I hope she still doesn't believe in Santa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleBoyFreak View Post
I think she'll definitely appreciate it. I got my first iPhone back when I was 12. It was like 3 months after the iPhone 3GS was launched and that's the one I got. Only difference is that I actually had to save my money for mine lol. Intact I still save my money for every iPhone update.
I'm not going to hate, but at least you saved up for it. You learn to appreciate things better and as you grow up you understand money management.
dinggus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:13 AM   #11
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Damn that's so nice of you.
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:29 AM   #12
teejaysyke
macrumors member

Damn, I didn't have a cell phone until I was 16 and I'm 20 (going to be 21 now) and I'm not getting my first iPhone until Sunday...

She's lucky, make sure she takes care of it.
teejaysyke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:39 AM   #13
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
Your daughter is 13.. Let's be realistic here, when I was 13, I had a pager.

I hope she still doesn't believe in Santa.

I'm not going to hate, but at least you saved up for it. You learn to appreciate things better and as you grow up you understand money management.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejaysyke View Post
Damn, I didn't have a cell phone until I was 16 and I'm 20 (going to be 21 now) and I'm not getting my first iPhone until Sunday...

She's lucky, make sure she takes care of it.
Listen to these guys. And you're gonna have to break it to her soon that there is no santa. If she's old enough for an iPhone then she's old enough to know. Unless you're one of those parents that needlessly baby their kids and believe they can do no wrong and everything they do is a gift from god lol
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:47 AM   #14
iMas70
macrumors 6502

I didn't have a pager until I was in my early 20s and portable phones weighed a couple pounds. Plus, before that, I had to walk to school, up hill, both ways. You guys do the math!

She's going to have a few months of her plan taken care of. After that, she'll need to do some work to pay the monthly bill. She's been responsible so we'll see how this works. Plus, she'll learn that she needs to work to pay for things that she wants. One other thing that will be nice, the "find my iPhone/daughter" feature in case we ever need to. Trust... but verify!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
Listen to these guys. And you're gonna have to break it to her soon that there is no santa. If she's old enough for an iPhone then she's old enough to know. Unless you're one of those parents that needlessly baby their kids and believe they can do no wrong and everything they do is a gift from god lol
She knows about Santa She has a little sister so it's an unspoken things. She knows to keep the dream alive.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:06 AM   #15
dinggus
Banned

Well, I hope she takes care of it.

Why didn't you just get her like an iPhone 4?
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:35 AM   #16
iMas70
macrumors 6502

I had a 4, it was nice, would be a great starter phone now but... I decided to go with the most recent. Plus, with the current sale price of $127.00, it wasn't a bad deal.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:39 AM   #17
canucksfan88
macrumors 6502

i have no problem with the phone...its the plan that concerns me. 50/month well around there. anyways im sure she will love it.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:44 AM   #18
MarcBook
macrumors 6502a

I got my first phone when I was 13. It was the incredibly awesome Sony Ericsson T610, which I still have kicking around today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony-Ericsson-T610-1-Optimized.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	384966  
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:51 AM   #19
matttye
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
Cool..... Why exactly are you telling us?
Due to my superhuman powers of deductive reasoning I would say it's because (1) this is an iPhone forum and (2) it's nearly Christmas.

Please let me know if my logic is flawed.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:55 AM   #20
bandofbrothers
macrumors 68040

Can you adopt me if you give such awesome gifts !!

iPhone 5s 16GB Space Grey - iOS 7.1.2
iPad Air 16GB Space Grey. - iOS 7.1.2
bandofbrothers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:36 AM   #21
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentaluproar View Post
School adoption of iPad is amazing. I'm going back to college in the spring and they told me most books are GIVEN out in PDFs to students.

I still doubt I heard that right.
HAHAHAHAH. Do you know how much money a school would lose if they gave out free books?

My school charges at least $60 for a basic book. An algebra book is more like $130
gmanist1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:50 AM   #22
mentaluproar
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanist1000 View Post
HAHAHAHAH. Do you know how much money a school would lose if they gave out free books?

My school charges at least $60 for a basic book. An algebra book is more like $130
I know, right!