|Dec 21, 2012, 10:05 AM||#1|
Mac Mini vs IMac confusion..First Time Mac Buyer
I am considering buying the Mac Mini(Late 2012) or the 21" IMac (Late 2012). Ive never used an Apple PC or Laptop (couldnt afford one...) , though I own an Ipad 2 and a few Ipods.
My Computer Usage :
My Choices :
Mac Mini : 2.6 GHz Quad-Core i7 + 16 GB RAM + Fusion or SSD + Wireless Keyboard + Mouse
IMac 21.5" basic : Without any upgrades
Also have a few basic questions :
1) I have a 32" Samsung LCD TV (1920 x 1080) which I plan to connect to the Mini. Ive mentioned that I have a lotta HD movies and probably gonna watch them off the Mini.
The tech specs are here :
Is this TV alright for the Mini? Will i get a better video experience on the iMac(Late 2012)?
2) What is the difference between a SATA, Fusion and SSD drives? Im terrified of Hard drive failure.A lot of stuff I watch is difficult and time consuming to get so will getting one of these drives safeguard me against this?Is it worth upgrading to Fusion or SSD?
3) Ive had a Sony Vaio running Windows 7 for about a year and a half and my configs already seem ancient. I would love to have a Mini for a atleast 3-4 years so I plan to upgrade RAM to 16 GB.
Should I buy it with upgraded RAM or buy RAM later? Is fixing additional RAM in the system difficult?
4) I keep my computer on for many days and have noticed that my Sony Vaoi gets heated very often and cant run without a cooling pad.
Are these issues prevalent in Macs?
5) Has anyone here moved from Windows to Mac? What's missing if anything?
6) I live in India and planning to buy my Mac Mini in Thailand because its cheaper. International warranty?
I dont have a good sound system connected to my desktop. I dont think im going to require a DVD drive for any reason. The IMac does have all of this but with all the upgrades make it a very expensive option
So finally IMac (late 2012) basic vs Mac Mini.
Im apologize if my questions are basic .
Thanks for any help !!
Last edited by MacMiniBuyer; Dec 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.