Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rahul247rocks

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Hey Guys,
I am planning to buy a external keyboard for my iPad 3. I am a blogger and my main purpose is to write in places like coffee shops, food courts etc. I will be using iA Writer for writing. I am confused between these two models. Which one to go for? And Why do you say so?

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Have the logitech, it came out first. Doesn't appear to be much of a difference, other than the proplus backlit keyboard, which-while it would shorten battery life-looks rather sweet.

Like my logitech, but I wish they'd include stronger magnets on the rail that attaches to the pad.

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hey Guys,
I am planning to buy a external keyboard for my iPad 3. I am a blogger and my main purpose is to write in places like coffee shops, food courts etc. I will be using iA Writer for writing. I am confused between these two models. Which one to go for? And Why do you say so?

I purchased the Zagg a couple weeks ago and am absolutely loving it. Really good construction. The iPad is sturdy in the slot. They keyboard is at least as good as on my laptop. Backlighting is awesome.

I have gradually shifted into making my ipad my portable machine and the keyboard was a huge leap forward for that.

Also - not sure if it is going on still, but at the time if you spent more than $100 on the Zagg site, they gave you $50 in gift cards. So I ended up getting a Zaggsparq for "free."

jtrascap

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2001
Beware the keyboard layouts on the Logitech

So they're the same thickness and build quality..are the magnets near the same?

I bought the Logitech last fall but returned it. I'm living in The Netherlands but the European keyboard versions feature a ridiculously small left shift key (slightly smaller than the command key if I recall) - it's not the US keyboard layout (with 2 wider, proper shift keys) you'll see on the box OR on their website. I tried to use it but as Shift for me is always done with that smaller key, it was too annoying.

I'm tempted to buy the Zagg just for the wider keyboard layout.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I have both. There's a huge difference with the ZAGG PROplus being far superior in every way. I read a very favorable review of the ZAGG in a writers blog which influenced me to buy one.

Its so much better than anything else I've used its nearly unbelievable. Fit & finish are as good as Apples'. Even using the backlight for the keys constantly, battery life is outstanding.

jtrascap

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2001
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm also looking at the new version of the PROfolio plus, which looks essentially like the same keyboard in a case with a backshield. Not sure if I'll go with that or the ZAGGkeys Pro+ (they don't make it easy with all the variants) but at least now I'm more confident with purchasing a ZAGG product.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.