Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
The designer needs that money because after such ugly thing he wont get any real job for the rest of his life.

Garsun

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2009
I'm more interested in how they manage to get it built for one third the proposed budget. Even considering the European economy, that's still quite a savings.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
I'm guessing there are some receipts down the back of someone's sofa. Along with some small change, a biro pen, 3 socks (all different designs/sizes) and at least one of either peanuts, potato chips or mini pretzels.

teleromeo

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2006
kidnapped by aliens
Because only French people get angry when they are paid less than they have to get?

Taxes for rich people are very high in France so he 'll need every penny. As an alternative, he could emmigrate to Belgium.

Tony Stark?

Philippe S+arck.

MicrosoftStarckMuis.jpg

HarryKeogh

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Wow. That's a yacht of money. Hopefully, boat sides can come together and sea if they can work this out.

Ralf The Dog

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
If the Jobs family does not want it, I will purchase it. I am not sure where I will park it, My driveway does not have the space and I am sure, it has a big trailer. (Can you imagine how embarrassed you would be if, you put it in the water, then realized, you forgot to put in the plug?)

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
The original report from Dutch financial newspaper Financieele Dagblad claims that there was no formal contract between Jobs and Starck, and that an out-of-court settlement of the dispute is likely.

Does anyone else think this seems odd? Jobs was a master at business negotiations and protecting Apple and yet he hires this guy to design his yacht with no formal contract?

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
It seems strange to set a designer's fee as a percentage of the final cost. The designer might be encouraged to unnecessarily add to the cost of the boat.

Not saying the designer actually did this, but due to the conflict of interest you'd think the purchaser would prefer a fixed fee.

You would think he should be sueing the shipyard for coming in under budget. ;)

everything-i

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2012
London, UK
So this guy organises a contract based on a percentage of the build cost of the yacht. Then when it actually costs less to build than he thought he gets pissed. Should have negotiated a fixed fee.

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Ya know, I've only seen side views of that boat.
I'm wondering if it's really really thin. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.