Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:17 AM   #1
NoNoise
macrumors newbie

iPod Classic Update?

My 4.5 year-old iPod Classic hard drive died yesterday.

I have been doing research to see when Apple could possibly release another iPod Classic update. However, it's a little hard to tell. Are all the iPod updates done in October now? Is waiting til March senseless, because Apple doesn't do iPod updates before October?

On the Buyer's Guide, it says "Don't buy" for the iPod Classic, "Updates Soon." Is that just because the iPod Classic is so old, that it's not advised to buy one, now, or is there really rumors of an update next year? And, if so, will it be before October (because I don't want to wait until October)?

I was thinking of trying to put a SSD in my iPod Classic as in this thread and this thread, since a 128gb SSD can be had for about $140 shipped. However, I'm wondering if it would just be better to get a 7th Gen iPod Classic for $100 more to get all new components (click-wheel, logic board, et cetera).

Thoughts? Any help, guidance, or iPod Classic rumors are welcome!
NoNoise is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod