Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Matkar
macrumors newbie

Sprint iPhone stolen, best way to get a new one?

Hi guys, in short, mu sister got her iPhone 4S stolen, a sprint one, and I would really like to get her an IPhone 5.

Thing is I live in Spain and don't really know the sprint conditions. I was going to buy her an unlocked one but it seems this wont do with sprint, and I can't really ask my sister right now as I would like this to be as much of a surprise as possible.

She got the 4s the day it was released, and she told me she can renew her iPhone in June, how much would sprint charge for an iPhone? Full price? In Spain it would never be like that...
Matkar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:52 AM   #2
FixBrokeni
macrumors member

Are you asking how much would they charge, in terms of if they have a warranty? Or coverage for stolen devices?

If you're buying an iPhone 5 out of contract you're probably going to have to pay full price.
FixBrokeni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Matkar
macrumors newbie

Yeah I am asking how much they would charge, I just want to buy another one.

In Spain for example we get points for making calls and all and we can get an iPhone even with out contract for maybe 400 or something, with sprint I would have to buy an iPhone through them at full price and that's the only way?

Last edited by Matkar; Dec 21, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Matkar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:58 AM   #4
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matkar View Post
Hi guys, in short, mu sister got her iPhone 4S stolen, a sprint one, and I would really like to get her an IPhone 5.

Thing is I live in Spain and don't really know the sprint conditions. I was going to buy her an unlocked one but it seems this wont do with sprint, and I can't really ask my sister right now as I would like this to be as much of a surprise as possible.

She got the 4s the day it was released, and she told me she can renew her iPhone in June, how much would sprint charge for an iPhone? Full price? In Spain it would never be like that...
Do you have Find My iPhone enabled?
If she had an upgrade, it's $99, I believe. If not, probably around $550.
Squilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:59 AM   #5
nburwell
macrumors 68000

The 16GB iPhone 5 without contract would run you $650 USD.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:08 PM   #6
FixBrokeni
macrumors member

If she has homeowners insurance, or she purchased with a CC she could look into having it covered and getting the 4S replaced, but it's a long shot. Plus that would ruin the surprise

Has she filed a police report and does she have Find My iPhone enabled? I've heard stories of the police obtaining devices through the GPS tracking.
FixBrokeni is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone