Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i84CTBound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
CT
AT&T LTE has finally made its way into Newington and Hartford area of Connecticut. Please let me know if you are noticing it in your area of inner Connecticut area.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I can confirm this. I was driving through Hartford yesterday.

They have LTE all over Bridgeport/New Haven though.

AT&T is pushing LTE hard all over New England. Soon enough, they'll have it all over CT, like they do in MA now.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
I can confirm this. I was driving through Hartford yesterday.

They have LTE all over Bridgeport/New Haven though.

AT&T is pushing LTE hard all over New England. Soon enough, they'll have it all over CT, like they do in MA now.

Magnificent machine you choose for your user name. Off topic but I had to say something.

i84CTBound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
CT
[Speed Test=i84CTBound;16531882]AT&T LTE has finally made its way into Newington and Hartford area of Connecticut. Please let me know if you are noticing it in your area of inner Connecticut area.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 72

hipnetic

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2010
Their data coverage map doesn't seem to have been updated yet, as it's not showing LTE coverage in the Hartford area:
http://www.att.com/network/

I'm in West Simsbury, so I'm curious if I'd be able to pick it up around here. I have a 4S now, but was contemplating upgrading to a 5. Anyone know if LTE provides a stronger signal? In my house, my AT&T signal has been very weak (about 1 bar), so I bought a Microcell a long while back, but I find that to be flakey, with my phone sometimes not seeing it.

i84CTBound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
CT
LTE isn't built into the 4s so you will not be able to pick up the signal. I have a iPhone 4S as well. I fill the iphone 5 has stronger signal than the 4s.

hipnetic

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2010
LTE isn't built into the 4s so you will not be able to pick up the signal. I have a iPhone 4S as well. I fill the iphone 5 has stronger signal than the 4s.
Right, I know. Sorry for the confusion. When I said that I wondered if I'd be able to pick up a signal around me, I meant if I upgraded to an iPhone 5. If my 4S had LTE, I wouldn't need to "wonder", I could just look at it and see if I was getting a signal. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.