Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:17 PM   #1
mcdj
macrumors 603

Free Xmas upgrade from AT&T. Woot!

Ordered the wife a white 16gb Mini 3 weeks ago. After 2.5 weeks of waiting, I started getting nervous that it wouldn't arrive in time for Xmas, so I went to Tekserve in NYC and picked up a backup. AT&T was offering a $100 discount with a 2 year contract, so I was not thrilled about it not showing up.

I finally got a shipment notification yesterday from AT&T. Talk about cutting it close. It arrived today. Upon opening the box, I was surprised to see not a white 16gb but a black 32gb.

At first I figured they screwed up, but I just got an email saying they are low on 16GB Minis in white, and that I would get a black 32GB at no extra charge.

So I paid $359 for a black 32GB. Pretty stoked about that.

Of course, I couldn't do the sensible thing and return the white 16 to Tekserve and give my wife the black 32. After all, she doesn't need 32gb and she is all about white Apple stuff. So I kept the 32 for myself, (apple slut! I already have an iPad 4) and am giving her the white 16 from Tekserve.

Anyhow, if you ordered a 16gb white from AT&T, and haven't received it yet, you may be in for a pleasant surprise when it does arrive.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad