Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qabas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Oman
2 days ago my iPhone 3gs got stuck on recovery mode and whenever I connect it to iTunes it says I should restore but I keep getting that error message (-1)
I've been googling this problem A LOT but couldn't find a solution -,-
I don't care about the data, I just want it to work again<I have backups

thank you ^.^

firerage101

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
If you have replaced the battery and finnaly did an update or restore this is a common problem. The fix is to get the battery ending in part #43 of I fixit . Com and replace them restore again. It's a pain in the butt but the problem came as the software on an upgrade or restore looks for what is called the (gas gauge) it's a tolerance of voltage from the battery. If it detects the wrong voltage it sends it into what I call the death loop. Replace battery and all should go well

Qabas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Oman
If you have replaced the battery and finnaly did an update or restore this is a common problem. The fix is to get the battery ending in part #43 of I fixit . Com and replace them restore again. It's a pain in the butt but the problem came as the software on an upgrade or restore looks for what is called the (gas gauge) it's a tolerance of voltage from the battery. If it detects the wrong voltage it sends it into what I call the death loop. Replace battery and all should go well

I didn't replace the battery :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.