Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellowsnowinfo

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012
That's surprising considering they never sent half of their customers any sort of reply. I think you just got lucky

their CSR was great considering they're from China. Was one of the early people who preordered and they didnt mine out out whereas others were getting theirs. Emailed them and they explained it was due to the overwhelming demand. They shipped me an extra one free of charge for the inconvenience. So now I have two granted one didnt come in the original box but in a sleeve with just one clip.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
their CSR was great considering they're from China. Was one of the early people who preordered and they didnt mine out out whereas others were getting theirs. Emailed them and they explained it was due to the overwhelming demand. They shipped me an extra one free of charge for the inconvenience. So now I have two granted one didnt come in the original box but in a sleeve with just one clip.

Same here, including the "free" extra case which happened to be my original order (Silver).

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Very disappointed in the clear case. As soon as I put it on, the give was really annoying on both sides of the case. A shame as I really like the look of it on the phone. I have contacted customer service to see what the options are and if they will send me another.

matrix808

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Very disappointed in the clear case. As soon as I put it on, the give was really annoying on both sides of the case. A shame as I really like the look of it on the phone. I have contacted customer service to see what the options are and if they will send me another.

hmm please let us know what happens. any chance of a pic showing how loose the give on the case is? My clear one is loose too but after reading your reviews and comments on this case (which is what got me to buy it in the first place) i assumed that was what you were talking about.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
hmm please let us know what happens. any chance of a pic showing how loose the give on the case is? My clear one is loose too but after reading your reviews and comments on this case (which is what got me to buy it in the first place) i assumed that was what you were talking about.

Pics won't really show anything. The "give" is slight but noticeable enough when you handle to case. I don't have the problem on the Silver case and the black one I have is ever so slight but nowhere as bad as the clear version.

daylooo

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
anyone having an issue with the back screen protector...? It bubbles when the caze thin edge is on :/

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Does this case still suffer from the recessed power button issue? I found the 4s version was such a pain to use and almost impossible to press the power button.

Everything else was great about this bumper

Let me know, thanks

keigo

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
their customer service suck...dont believe me so search around and you will find quite a number of people complain about that.

the bumper is nothing special and in fact the qty is not lasting enough. The white will turn dirty within a week. I even had one of their bumper which is too tight till even the plastic just give way.

JBryan84

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Does this case still suffer from the recessed power button issue? I found the 4s version was such a pain to use and almost impossible to press the power button.

Everything else was great about this bumper

Let me know, thanks

Yes power button and volume buttons are recessed. I also like this case but because of it being a pain to press the buttons I just switched to the SGP Linear Ex black slate and its perfect. It has covers for the power and volume buttons and they are very easy to press. It also has a slight lay on table design unlike the Caze Thin Edge which I prefer.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Yes power button and volume buttons are recessed. I also like this case but because of it being a pain to press the buttons I just switched to the SGP Linear Ex black slate and its perfect. It has covers for the power and volume buttons and they are very easy to press. It also has a slight lay on table design unlike the Caze Thin Edge which I prefer.

How does the Linear Ex Slim compare to the Caze in terms of thickness? I also have a metal slate ordered.

JBryan84

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Here's some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    816 KB · Views: 324

JBryan84

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Pic 3. And as far as thickness it's definitely wider/thicker to accommodate to fit the Glas.t.r and other glass screen protectors. But not too wide. I'd say its the perfect size bumper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 288

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009

CS was pretty responsive. They did request that I send pics or a video. I sent a video and made sure they could hear the "tap tap" when pressing the sides of the case. CS responded the same day and offered to send me another. They asked me what color I wanted and I requested another clear. However, I did mention that if the problem was endemic to all the clear cases then they should send me another Black one.

matrix808

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
CS was pretty responsive. They did request that I send pics or a video. I sent a video and made sure they could hear the "tap tap" when pressing the sides of the case. CS responded the same day and offered to send me another. They asked me what color I wanted and I requested another clear. However, I did mention that if the problem was endemic to all the clear cases then they should send me another Black one.

hmmm, i guess i'll just see how mine holds up for now. Thanks for the reply though.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
their customer service suck...dont believe me so search around and you will find quite a number of people complain about that.

the bumper is nothing special and in fact the qty is not lasting enough. The white will turn dirty within a week. I even had one of their bumper which is too tight till even the plastic just give way.

Not true. Their customer service has been great for me. Some of the best I've ever experienced hands down.

The material is also wholly different from their old material so I'm not sure how you can predict the white will only last a week. Their bumpers are now coated in the most durable finish there is on any bumper period, soft touch automotive paint, which if you're familiar with automotive paint, doesn't get dirty, and if you're familiar with soft touch paint is almost indestructible, it will resist a crazy level of scratching, to the point where it's practically scratch proof and you can go at it with keys etc no problem.

The bumper is supposed to be tight, but mine hasn't given way at all.

I think you may have a very outdated view of this company. This bumper is really special and I've tried 60 different bumpers so that says a lot.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Not true. Their customer service has been great for me. Some of the best I've ever experienced hands down.

I think this is a one sided argument. It seems for replacements or defects, they're absolutely a pleasure to deal with but whenever someone has an inquiry on their product status, tracking, or reordering, Caze ignores you and basically says you're on your own. I emailed them 3 times simply for a tracking number, how difficult is that? I know I'm not the only one either. I would've never gotten it if it wasn't for JNGold's link. That link can't even be found on Caze's website either, so I just lucked out.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I just got my Linear EX Thin case today and I have to say that I am not really a fan. I got the Slate version and it certainly thicker and makes the iPhone 5 feel wider (of course) than when holding the Caze. The plastic used on the Linear also is VERY slippery and I can envision it flying out of my hands if not super careful. I think I'll keep the Silver or black Caze as my primary.

EDIT: Think I am going to ask my money back for the Linear.

Last edited:

cyberpigg

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
I ordered and received an orange thin edge. Took awhile to get to me. I wasn't impressed with it and swapped it out once my elago breathe arrived.

Felt really flimsy. Didn't like the feel of the plastic and didn't feel like it was worth the money.

Might just be me but it was hard to press the power button and toggle the vibrate button with the thin edge bumper.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
For anyone considering the "Thin" Linear EX, here's a comparo shot next to the ThinEdge.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356205894.927851.jpg

SYale

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
California
I ordered this, and also a matte back protector like another poster.
I was planning on waiting for a deal code/discount for BodyGuardz Pure. Anyone have the pure with the Caze ThinEdge? Was wondering if it fits well, etc.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
That's surprising considering they never sent half of their customers any sort of reply. I think you just got lucky

I also dealt with Jennifer when I wrote to complain about receiving 2 black cases with one of the clips missing when what I had ordered was pink and orange. She had me take a photo and then said they'd ship out the correct order within 2 days. I actually got it about 3 weeks later, but because they never sent me tracking info (and I didn't know about the trick to retrieve it myself), I don't know who was responsible for the delay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.