Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:56 PM   #1
Keenupie
macrumors member

Mac and PC (Windows 7) Network Help

Hello,

Could someone help me create a Mac and Windows 7 home network where I can see and share both folders on each other? Im pretty new with this so basic steps if someone has the patience would really help,

I Dug up and did a few things on this forum but I think I've only messed up, Can't even see the PC and don't even have a clue where do I go to find the disc on each other?

My Setup is a Dell Windows 7 machine, a Macbook pro running Mountain Lion and both are connected to Airport Express.

Thanks a lot really,
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:56 AM   #2
Keenupie
macrumors member

Hello,

With some more reading I figured I click on Windows 7 HDD and enable sharing on it, I did that, but for some reason I still Can't see it on my Mac Finder? Or do I need to go there via the browser using the IP address?

ANy help would be wonderful,
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:14 PM   #3
satcomer
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenupie View Post
Hello,

With some more reading I figured I click on Windows 7 HDD and enable sharing on it, I did that, but for some reason I still Can't see it on my Mac Finder? Or do I need to go there via the browser using the IP address?

ANy help would be wonderful,
Read the blog post File Sharing: Snow Leopard And Windows 7: Introduction and you can see what you have to do in the Windows 7 Advanced sharing menu and 10.8.x is very similar in using the OS X System Preferences->Sharing panel.
satcomer is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help