Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keenupie

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Washington DC
Hello,

Could someone help me create a Mac and Windows 7 home network where I can see and share both folders on each other? Im pretty new with this so basic steps if someone has the patience would really help,

I Dug up and did a few things on this forum but I think I've only messed up, Can't even see the PC and don't even have a clue where do I go to find the disc on each other?

My Setup is a Dell Windows 7 machine, a Macbook pro running Mountain Lion and both are connected to Airport Express.

Thanks a lot really,

Keenupie

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Washington DC
Hello,

With some more reading I figured I click on Windows 7 HDD and enable sharing on it, I did that, but for some reason I still Can't see it on my Mac Finder? Or do I need to go there via the browser using the IP address?

ANy help would be wonderful,

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Hello,

With some more reading I figured I click on Windows 7 HDD and enable sharing on it, I did that, but for some reason I still Can't see it on my Mac Finder? Or do I need to go there via the browser using the IP address?

ANy help would be wonderful,

Read the blog post File Sharing: Snow Leopard And Windows 7: Introduction and you can see what you have to do in the Windows 7 Advanced sharing menu and 10.8.x is very similar in using the OS X System Preferences->Sharing panel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.