Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:58 PM   #1
kbstl
macrumors newbie

Update iTunes and iCloud on windows and lose iPad bookmarks

I got tired of the nag screen asking me to update so I did the update on my windows machine. About an hour later I grab my iPad 3 and bookmarks are gone. Called apple care and they were completely useless, I never used iCloud so I didn't have anything backed up. Poof gone, thanks apple. Glad im making the transition to. Android. This is exactly why I hate the cloud and didn't use it. I like to treat each machine completely independent but I guess it didn't matter anyway. It just works, lmao
kbstl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:09 PM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Updating iTunes doesn't just remove an iPad's bookmarks. But I won't waste the time explaining it since you're moving to Android. And if you think Google isn't all about the cloud, you've got another thing coming.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:24 AM   #3
aiannar974
macrumors newbie

I just bought an Ipad yesterday. I was planning on syncing my ie favorites. Is it really gone or do I just not know what to do? All the help on the internet is for older versions of itunes.

thank you,

Anthony
aiannar974 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:26 PM   #4
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiannar974 View Post
I just bought an Ipad yesterday. I was planning on syncing my ie favorites. Is it really gone or do I just not know what to do? All the help on the internet is for older versions of itunes.

thank you,

Anthony
It should be under the 'Info' section when your iPad is plugged into iTunes. Here's a screenshot of mine, but I only have Safari as an option since I'm on a Mac.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 4.23.20 PM.png
Views:	15
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	385068  
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:03 PM   #5
aiannar974
macrumors newbie

I dont get what you have - are you using itunes 11.0.1.12?

I get "You bokkmarks are being synced with your iPad over the air from Cloud"

Anthony
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:02 AM   #6
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
I dont get what you have - are you using itunes 11.0.1.12?

I get "You bokkmarks are being synced with your iPad over the air from Cloud"

Anthony
Yes, I am using 11.0.1. You need to turn off 'Bookmarks' from within iCloud. Go to Settings>iCloud on your iPad to turn it off. Then try syncing them through iTunes.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:02 AM   #7
aiannar974
macrumors newbie

Awesome-it worked

thank you
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:05 PM   #8
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Awesome-it worked

thank you
Awesome. I'm glad it worked for you. Happy Holidays!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting