Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:53 PM   #3451
drewaz
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCruiZe View Post
you are lucky yours was "accidently released" !! leaving mine behind
the tracking page is showing that apple did not provide required paperwork. UGH. I just got off the phone with apple ... they say they show have no notice that anything was needed and promised to get on it right away and phone me back with a resolution.

I did get a complimentary superdrive however.
drewaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:54 PM   #3452
MacCruiZe
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewaz View Post
I just got off the phone with apple ... I did get a complimentary superdrive however.
Thanks for calling ! How did you massage the superdrive out of that ? lol
MacCruiZe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:56 PM   #3453
drewaz
macrumors member

Quote:
Thanks for calling ! How did you massage the superdrive out of that ? lol
whining a little but being very nice in the process. the CSR said she would like to help me with my misery and offered a trackpad but I asked for a superdrive.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:05 PM   #3454
Macrovertigo
macrumors member

Send a message via Yahoo to Macrovertigo
finally an update from last sighting in Anchorage!

mine is finally in fricken' louiseville ky!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:05 PM   #3455
bayleaves
macrumors regular

Quote:
Lady was nice, but said that they are waiting for info from Apple on the entire shipment - of course i told her others had theirs released - she said that was in error- it should have been all held together.
I am wondering if there were multiple crates on the plane and only one crate was affected? It's very odd, as my tracking never mentioned any errors or missing documents, and it sounds like a lot of others weren't held either. Strange.

Mine is now sitting less than five miles from me, presumably sealed in the shipping crate until Monday.
bayleaves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:25 PM   #3456
bayleaves
macrumors regular

Guess what's on the vehicle for delivery? Happily the woman I spoke with at FedEx did not know what she was talking about. I bet they just don't want to over-promise, which is reasonable. But if all goes well, I will have it this afternoon. I'm just going to be hitting refresh over and over until I see that it is in the mailroom, then I'm grabbing my hand truck and getting my fanny down there.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:47 PM   #3457
MacCruiZe
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayleaves View Post
Guess what's on the vehicle for delivery?
Wow!! I hope nothing else comes between you and that delivery!

I called apple again, they said its up to customs and they can be as quick or slow as they want
MacCruiZe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:10 PM   #3458
sarah1623
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1623 View Post
My order is finally "Preparing for Shipment"! I ordered on Dec. 1 at 5pm EST.
My scheduled delivery is Jan 2 - Jan 8 via Standard Shipping. Hopefully I get it before January...we'll see!
I just checked my status at 3:56 and saw this:

I am so excited right now!!

My delivery date says December 26th!

Last edited by sarah1623; Dec 21, 2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: delivery date change
sarah1623 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:15 PM   #3459
MacCruiZe
macrumors member

just got more info out of FedEx - a total of 48 pieces are being held in Memphis. She said some shipments from apple may have 'thousands of pieces' but only 48 are being held this time. She said if it is released tonight, there are planes leaving around 3am and even though it will not be delivered until Monday, I could pick it up tomorrow at the local site (as long as it gets there) !!

Fedex is there until 8pm Central time to call for more updates, or just keep spamming F5 button
MacCruiZe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:36 PM   #3460
bayleaves
macrumors regular

Quote:
just got more info out of FedEx - a total of 48 pieces are being held in Memphis. She said some shipments from apple may have 'thousands of pieces' but only 48 are being held this time. She said if it is released tonight, there are planes leaving around 3am and even though it will not be delivered until Monday, I could pick it up tomorrow at the local site (as long as it gets there) !!

Fedex is there until 8pm Central time to call for more updates, or just keep spamming F5 button
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they go out tonight!

----------

Guess what's in our mailroom. I'm covering someone's phones at the moment, so I'll have to wait to go down and get it. Plus I hate to attack them the second they sign for it.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:55 PM   #3461
Arman
macrumors regular

Looks like I'm stalled. No update since 730am. Still in LA sorting facility. Looks like no go today. Maybe tomorrow. Probably Monday.
Arman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:00 PM   #3462
Ambulater
macrumors member

To Macrovertigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrovertigo View Post
Ambulater, did yours get scanned in the Memphis hub as MacCruiZe suggests? are you following a flight number?
Macvertigo, mine left Anchorage at the same time as yours, but it is evidently in Louisville KY right now. It's on it's way to Lincoln NE.
Ambulater is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:00 PM   #3463
Snoosedaddy
macrumors regular

14 hours of "preparing for shipment", how much longer to go?
Snoosedaddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:14 PM   #3464
bayleaves
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoosedaddy View Post
14 hours of "preparing for shipment", how much longer to go?
Usually somewhere between 12 and 48 hours, although I've seen people waiting longer. They seemed to be going from preparing to shipped faster in the first week they were shipping. Mine was 43 hours. Not that I'm counting.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:39 PM   #3465
lopexo
macrumors newbie

Mine went from preparing for shipment to shipped within a few hours luckily. However the delivery date is on the 28th with 2-3 day shipping via FedEx. Hope they do show up earlier. Ordered a bto on the 1st
lopexo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:41 PM   #3466
bayleaves
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arman View Post
Looks like I'm stalled. No update since 730am. Still in LA sorting facility. Looks like no go today. Maybe tomorrow. Probably Monday.
Aww man! I thought sure you would get yours today. That is the biggest bummer about the iMacs coming out this time of year. All the delivery services are already buried in packages.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:49 PM   #3467
SubaLou
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulater View Post
Macvertigo, mine left Anchorage at the same time as yours, but it is evidently in Louisville KY right now. It's on it's way to Lincoln NE.
Yours and mine are probably heading this way.... I got a new update that its finally departed Louisville. Mine will come to Omaha. Bumming its not here by the wknd though.
SubaLou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:00 PM   #3468
Arman
macrumors regular

Quote:
Aww man! I thought sure you would get yours today. That is the biggest bummer about the iMacs coming out this time of year. All the delivery services are already buried in packages.
Ok. Got some movement. No moved to local facility in City of Industry about 15 miles away. Still shows Monday delivery before 1030am. Called to see if they could hold for me to pickup but was told by FedEx that the package was too big to hold for pickup at local facility. Oh boy. Hope I didn't accidentally buy two
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:30 PM   #3469
drewaz
macrumors member

Quote:

Any news?

Apple called me back and just said this is normal ??????
I called back but got disconnected because of high call volume.
FedEx doesn't have much info .....
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:41 PM   #3470
MacCruiZe
macrumors member

Quote:
Any news?

Apple called me back and just said this is normal ??????
I called back but got disconnected because of high call volume.
FedEx doesn't have much info .....
just talked to fedex again... he said this is NOT common. something is wrong with the paperwork. Fedex is not allowed to release the 48 pieces until the paperwork is perfect. He said they are waiting on Apple. But probably not someone at Apple who we can get on the phone.
MacCruiZe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:44 PM   #3471
drewaz
macrumors member

Quote:
just talked to fedex again... he said this is NOT common. something is wrong with the paperwork. Fedex is not allowed to release the 48 pieces until the paperwork is perfect. He said they are waiting on Apple. But probably not someone at Apple who we can get on the phone.
what a joke.

at least I got a free superdrive but the gift of 2-3 business day shipping didn't turn out too well.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:17 PM   #3472
Mac2133
macrumors member

Quote:
The ONLY reason I keep coming back to this thread is to see if your situation has moved/improved
Mac2133 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:23 PM   #3473
Arman
macrumors regular

Quote:
what a joke.

at least I got a free superdrive but the gift of 2-3 business day shipping didn't turn out too well.
Yeah what are u gonna do. U can't fault apple. They gave me a estimated ship date after Christmas and they are beating that. I think if this was last week Fedex would have stuck to the 2-3 day delivery but right now the system is probably crazy busy. No worries. Bigger things to worry about in life.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:25 PM   #3474
David085
Banned

Quote:
what a joke.

How did you get a free superdrive I am curious... since I will do the same if is possible... I am interest to know how.
David085 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:32 PM   #3475
drewaz
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arman View Post
Yeah what are u gonna do. U can't fault apple. They gave me a estimated ship date after Christmas and they are beating that. I think if this was last week Fedex would have stuck to the 2-3 day delivery but right now the system is probably crazy busy. No worries. Bigger things to worry about in life.
Yeah, I'm over it. If it gets here Monday .. cool. If not, it's something to look forward to.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by David085 View Post
How did you get a free superdrive I am curious... since I will do the same if is possible... I am interest to know how.
When I saw that the FedEx delivery didn't clear customs because they didn't receive the proper paperwork from Apple I called Apple. The CSR noted that I had been on hold for 20 minutes and that the problem with the delayed shipment was their fault so she kindly offered me a peace offering which I gladly accepted!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac