Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:58 AM   #1
djsound
macrumors 6502a

1Password auto login?

So I use 1Password. Everytime I get to a site I have to click the 1Password login and click "login with whatever site I am at". Cant 1Password just know when you get to that site and log you in automatically? I thought it was possible but cant figure i out..
djsound is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Medravi
macrumors newbie

just login to the 1password program and drag the appropriate websites from the program into your safari bookmarks bar; that'll set up autologin. alternately, click the 1P button at the top of safari to the left of address bar and select "go and fill login" and the appropriate website
Medravi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:43 PM   #3
djsound
macrumors 6502a

Thanks but that is not exactly what I meant. I mean after I set up the password....For example, when I go to macrumors.com 1password associates that page with the password. It should be able to just log me in but instead I still need to click the 1P logo and click "login with macrumors"...id like it to be automatic since it associates the page...its hard to explain on here, but by navigating to the associated page it should just login without me doing anything else......its not a big deal though =)
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:49 PM   #4
miles01110
macrumors 604

If you want 1Password to autofill a login form, what's the point of having 1Password?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:55 PM   #5
djsound
macrumors 6502a

ummmmmm. it still would keep track of your passwords and what urls they are associated with. When you land on that url it just submits the password for you. simple...same thing you are doing without the click
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:56 PM   #6
miles01110
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsound View Post
ummmmmm. it still would keep track of your passwords and what urls they are associated with. When you land on that url it just submits the password for you. simple...same thing you are doing without the click
Every modern browser has this capability. Even IE6 will autofill forms for you. If all you want to do is have a website save your login information, turn cookies on.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:09 PM   #7
djsound
macrumors 6502a

Cookies are on. When I got to macrumors.com I click the 1P and click "login with whatevername"......what it does is fills the username and password AND submits it so I then am taken to the next page ....logged in. Autofilling forms doesnt also submit them....What I am talking abut is more the association of the username and password to the URL. Look in 1password.app you'll see each login has a url. That login wont just work on ANY page......anyways, !password could easily be designed so that when you go to THAT URL the username and password are filled AND submitted....and you are logged in without clicking anything ...since you set up that username and password on THAT url....
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:24 PM   #8
Medravi
macrumors newbie

don't you click a bookmark when you go to say macrumors anyway? or do you type www.macrumors.com manually? if the former, why not just create the new bookmark that logs in for you?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:35 PM   #9
djsound
macrumors 6502a

Yes I click on a bookmark that takes me to the same URL as my 1Password login is associated with. How would I create a bookmark to log me in?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:06 PM   #10
Medravi
macrumors newbie

login to the 1password program like i said, and drag the icon from the 1password program into your bookmarks bar in safari and it'll add a bookmark that will auto log you in
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:12 PM   #11
djsound
macrumors 6502a

AH Medravi!! Good catch!..your totally right. Thats what I was looking for...!! unfortunately it doesn't work like that in Firefox hehe
Old Mar 23, 2011, 12:28 AM   #12
svkrzn
macrumors regular

Or use roboform for mac. It autofills.
svkrzn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:48 PM   #13
swamyg1
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsound View Post
AH Medravi!! Good catch!..your totally right. Thats what I was looking for...!! unfortunately it doesn't work like that in Firefox hehe
After driving myself nuts trying to find a way to accomplish this with Firefox, it turns out there is a way!

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3...bookmarks.html

Hope this helps somebody like it helped me, big time!
swamyg1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:01 PM   #14
samssf
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkrzn View Post
Or use roboform for mac. It autofills.
Automatically filling in a form (autofill) is not the same thing as automatically filling in AND automatically submitting the form (auto login). Hence the thread's topic.
samssf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:20 PM   #15
scarred
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by samssf View Post
Automatically filling in a form (autofill) is not the same thing as automatically filling in AND automatically submitting the form (auto login). Hence the thread's topic.
You know this thread is almost two years old, right?

For anyone reading, with 1Password cmd+\ auto fills.
scarred is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store