Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
So the convenience and cloud feature really swayed me. Plus the fact I don't have an unbelievable sound systems to really hear the difference.

1080p Quality is very solid for iTunes so I really can't complain. But in the end it is the convenience of it all.

Pricing for new movies is about the same, only difference are the older blu-rays that you can get for 5 and 7 bucks in the bargain bins at places like Best Buy.

I will still probably buy those and rip into iTunes. I have been ripping HD/SD qualities to match my cloud purchases as well.

Anyone else go full iTunes?

Jkeeley1

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
I tend to buy used blu-rays that have digital copies. Your average joe never uses the dc and a used blu-ray w/dc will run from $5-$15 usd at retail.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Not yet. I think I'll forever be torn on this unless iTunes gives us better sound than Dolby Digital. I watched my "Lord of the Rings" Blu-rays last week. Even on my sound system that is routed through my TV, the DTS output of my BD player was blowing the house up.

The video is fine. I have seen maybe minor pixellation on iTunes HD purchases, but I have also seen this on BDs, especially TV shows that aren't named "Lost." But sound is much different. I have kind of decided that I can live with buying stuff from iTunes that doesn't exactly have any major sound stuff, like comedy TV shows. But if it's something along the lines of "LOTR" or "The Dark Knight," you still gotta go BD.

Apple, improve the sound on your iTunes videos. People don't listen to movies using $30 earbuds.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
I haven't bought any movies or tv shows in ages ever since I sold off my huge DVD collectin. Ever since then all I do is stream off Netflix or rent from iTunes but I am tempted to start collecting again. I will definitely buy from iTunes though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.